Notices

new to the site

Old 03-09-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to the site

Hi everyone,

i am a new member on this site. i keep battling addiction after addiction, i feel that i have the most addictive personality, and am a straight up junky. i started using at a young age around 14 years old. i went from recreationally smoking herbs, and eating the occasional pill to using more frequently, and using coke as well. i have been using opiates for a while now i eat around 100 mg of what ever i can get my hands on, roxicet, oxys, perks, you put it in front of me and ill eat it. the higher dosed pills such as oxys and rockys i usually sniff, it hits me much harder and faster, sometimes i feel like i am just addicted to the physical act of doing the drug, but everytime i stop i end up right where i started. between the withdrawl and the mental urges i never seem to make it longer then a few days. Today is day 1. i already start to feel irratable and its only been about 14 hours since my last dose. does any one have any suggestions to help with the withdrawls.

Thanks

M
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Hi, M:

Welcome to SR! There are people here who have much more to offer as far as w/d suggestions go. However, if you've done this before, you may want to start to think what you're going to do to stay stopped.

Meanwhile, plenty of fluids, loperamide (Immodium) for diarrhea, Sleepytime Tea...all the basics. Others will offer more.

One caveat: some may suggest other controlled substances. I'd caution against that.

Finally, have you considered professional help. i.e. detox?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

its going to get harder then easyer so just remimber that i had a week of hell but been off of them since nov08. good luck in keep coming back to this site .the chat room is good when your graving it gets your mind off of it Rome
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i have thought about professional help, but i have spun such a web of lies, my family thinks i am ok. many of my friends are on the same path i am, and they have seeked help, but from witnessing them the professional help just harnessed their addiction it didn't get rid of it. my friends will eat suboxine all week and then on the weekend go eat oxys, and during the week straighten out again. to me this feels like they are not getting better, just tampering with there addiction.

Does anyone have any opinions about suboxine treatment. i am unsure if my insurance covers the treatmeant, and i do not have a perscription plan so i am assuming the pills are very expensive. i have street access to the pills posibly thinking about medicating my self.:a108
Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Hi you have come to the right place, my friend! Congrats on trying to get your life back!
The good news is it looks like you werent on an insane amount of pills which is a good thinig in terms of getting off. Im not trying to make light of your situation but you will hear stories on here of people taking triple what you do in a day for probably a whole lot longer and are now sober.
Stuff for withdrawal-hot baths, gatorade, bananas, immodium, and chamomile tea. Hands down what helps me the most when i am detoxing is excersise (walking in the neighborhood, or whatever). Plan on having little to no responsibilities for like 3-5 days. Just remember that how bad you feel right at this very moment will be magnified 10 fold if you keep using pills. Your tolerance will go up and it will get harder and harder to come off until your life has passed you by.
Alot of us here would describe ourselves as you have with an "addictive personality". I am addicted to pills, ciggerettes, and Starbucks. The key for you will be having a plan in place so that you dont relapse. You cannot go out with your friends in like a month and take 1 pill and it be ok. You are past that point. Get new friends if you have to but dont subject yourself to this anymore. You are not alone. The more you post here the more it will help.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Dont buy suboxone off the street. Its not cheap but neither are oxys. It will take the cravings away but it has some addictive qualities too. It fills your opiod recepters the same way oxys, etc do but it just doesnt give you a buzz. Wow I just read your last post. Your friends dont sound ready to quit. Are you? I have to reiterate that you need to get new friends or this will never end. You have to be a grown up because the older you get the less people are going to care, as you are no ones responsibility but your own as an adult.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

M...

Here’s an option you might want to consider. Take that insurance of yours and look for a inpatient detox. You can w/d safely there. Get counseling. And plenty of good food.

Then when you can think with little more clarity. I suggest getting new friends and hitting a meeting or two.

How that sound to you?

Ivan
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Quest4freedom View Post
i have thought about professional help, but i have spun such a web of lies, my family thinks i am ok. many of my friends are on the same path i am, and they have seeked help, but from witnessing them the professional help just harnessed their addiction it didn't get rid of it. my friends will eat suboxine all week and then on the weekend go eat oxys, and during the week straighten out again. to me this feels like they are not getting better, just tampering with there addiction.

Does anyone have any opinions about suboxine treatment. i am unsure if my insurance covers the treatmeant, and i do not have a perscription plan so i am assuming the pills are very expensive. i have street access to the pills posibly thinking about medicating my self.:a108
Okay, you've seen some bad examples out there. And on here you'll see some good ones. I was treated with suboxone in a hospital setting for five days only. I had 60 days clean yesterday with no cravings. I was once on perc, oxy, vike, tram...name the opiate. Haven't shot heroin yet, but that was next for me.

As to self treatment with suboxone bought off the street. I think that's a great idea. Then, you can join your friends hitting the oxy on weekends, and the cycle continues.

Yes, Da Bear is sarcastic. And no...self administration of street sub is not the way to go.

Ivan's right. Get treatment, hit meetings. There may be another successful way, but in my extensive "research" (taking more pills while I tried any other way) nothing else worked.

Ready to get hit for sarcasm, I remain your humble servant,

Last edited by Stagebear; 03-09-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
M...

Here’s an option you might want to consider. Take that insurance of yours and look for a inpatient detox. You can w/d safely there. Get counseling. And plenty of good food.

Then when you can think with little more clarity. I suggest getting new friends and hitting a meeting or two.

How that sound to you?

Ivan

Yep. Best way. Do it.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks for the quick responses. its hard to drop your friends when they have known them for your entire life. it is a shame but i have to face the reality, it is easy to see that getting new friends is a must needed solution, i am just unsure on how to do so. and to answer your question yes i am ready to change
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Just noticed you're in Philly. Some great NA meetings there. I can get you set up with meetings pretty easily. I'm in S. Jersey. No fear...I'd do it anonymously through here...I have no need to know who you are, nor you I just now.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Hey kid I used to have friends just like you. One of them just lost his kids and another one is in jail. Life is just passing them by. You dont have to "not be friends with them" and you dont have to really worry about making other friends right now. You just have to make a choice. What do you want for yourself and your life? How are you going to get there? Just take it one day at a time. Work on the detox part first. But you have to take it seriously. Its not going to be easy. Your friends are wasting their time and money on Suboxone because the way they are taking it isnt doing anything for them long term. If you do go on suboxone you need to make sure you are doing what is necessary to train your brain for a new way of life. I was on it for 2 months and it worked well for the drug cravings but I relapsed because I didnt understand the magnitude of my addiction and the way of life I had created for myself while using drugs.
Like I said, you arent getting any younger, and it gets a lot harder to change the older you are. Trust me. Good luck to you!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Nallabelle View Post
You dont have to "not be friends with them" and you dont have to really worry about making other friends right now.
Originally Posted by Nallabelle View Post
I relapsed because I didnt understand the magnitude of my addiction and the way of life I had created for myself while using drugs.
Which is why things like changing friends (people, places and things) are suggested early on. We sometimes needs to change major aspects of our lives so that, when we are not at our strongest, those around us can provide support, not a way back to our old lives.

I'm just sayin...
Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Originally Posted by Quest4freedom View Post
its hard to drop your friends when they have known them for your entire life. i am just unsure on how to do so.
It's hard to drop your "friends" because you want to hold on to them.
It's why many addicts do not stay clean, they want to continue using.
It's like trying to walk forward and backward at the same time!

It's a simple method for changing our lives. Accept that what your doing, stop what you are doing, do something new. i dare you to complicate that one with anything other than a rationalization(excuse) or a justification(illusion)!!

This is HOW our program works: Honesty, Open-mindedness, & Willingness.
There is only one promise given: Freedom from active addiction.