Thread: new to the site
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stagebear
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Quest4freedom View Post
i have thought about professional help, but i have spun such a web of lies, my family thinks i am ok. many of my friends are on the same path i am, and they have seeked help, but from witnessing them the professional help just harnessed their addiction it didn't get rid of it. my friends will eat suboxine all week and then on the weekend go eat oxys, and during the week straighten out again. to me this feels like they are not getting better, just tampering with there addiction.

Does anyone have any opinions about suboxine treatment. i am unsure if my insurance covers the treatmeant, and i do not have a perscription plan so i am assuming the pills are very expensive. i have street access to the pills posibly thinking about medicating my self.:a108
Okay, you've seen some bad examples out there. And on here you'll see some good ones. I was treated with suboxone in a hospital setting for five days only. I had 60 days clean yesterday with no cravings. I was once on perc, oxy, vike, tram...name the opiate. Haven't shot heroin yet, but that was next for me.

As to self treatment with suboxone bought off the street. I think that's a great idea. Then, you can join your friends hitting the oxy on weekends, and the cycle continues.

Yes, Da Bear is sarcastic. And no...self administration of street sub is not the way to go.

Ivan's right. Get treatment, hit meetings. There may be another successful way, but in my extensive "research" (taking more pills while I tried any other way) nothing else worked.

Ready to get hit for sarcasm, I remain your humble servant,

Last edited by Stagebear; 03-09-2009 at 09:35 AM.