Update on son

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son

Hi guys thought I'd better check in or you might think I have been having too much fun. Been going to court listening to court cases. In fact, been there so much that one of the DA's there thinks I'm his friend. LOL Told Mr. Dev he's crazy for me. Got the same old warning "you watch out this guy is pretty fuxy!" OK, Dad!!

Well, things are very quiet around here, and have been for about the last month and a half. Well, let's say they have been very quiet since the incident with the parole officer popping in 10 minutes after I had threatened to call him after a heated conversation with my son.

I love it!

Yep, the kid has been so nice ever since that incident. He isn't staying here 'cause he'd rather stay with the gf or friend or whatever the relationship is, as I'm sure there's less pressure.

As far as I know, he has been doing everything he is suppose to do, i.e. getting tested twice a month, going to anger meetings, and meeting with the PO.

The only thing he hasn't done is get a job yet!! Can you believe that?? Here he comes home from prison and gets a job two days later and now he's been out of work since the second week of November.

I don't ask questions about how he lives because as long as he doesn't ask me for anything, I don't have the right to ask questions.

One thing I do know and that is, he knows better than to ask for anything from me anymore because I finally have made him a believer. I'm Not Helping!

So, for anyone who doesn't believe there is a God, ask me. He couldn't have timed things better that day. My son really does believe that I called the parole officer, and that's a good thing!! He won't mess with me anymore. LOL I'll bet he won't say "Go ahead, call him, do it right now!" Ok I will!

Since I have "let him go" he seems to be doing much better. When he calls he is always pleasant, never asks for anything, just calls to say hello. Pretty refreshing I might add.

I pray he continues to do well, and that he gets some sort of a job soon.

About the Granddaughter....I don't think she's doing as well as she should be ever since they asked her to leave the program 'cause baby had a contagious virus. She never went back 'cause she said they didn't have a bed for her. Hmmm? Don't know what's going on there waiting for her to call.

Son said he talked with her and gave her a list of programs that will take baby too. She said she would call them and call him back, however, never called back.

Ok, that's all the news I have. Hopefully, I won't have to report any negative news next time either.

Hugs to everyone, Devastated
Old 02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Devastated....sounds like you have your hands full. God Bless You. I know the heartache that a son can put on a mother. Stay Strong, and hang in there. Angel
Old 02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is sooooo much nicer when they are not living under our roofs, isn't it Dev? My daughter is talking about leaving her man when they return from Florida. I guess a week in Miami Beach is worth putting up with him for one more week Told her that she better have a plan when she comes back because I am not going to suffer because of her choices in men. Glad that your son has finally realized that mommy ain't putting up with that sh*t no more. Enjoy the quiet time and the pleasant relationship that distance can bring. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Dev))) It's amazing how taking a giant step back can put a better perspective on everything.

He will do fine or not do fine, regardless of how we see it. What's important here is that YOU will do fine, regardless of his choices.

Now you be careful who you tangle up with when you go to listen to court cases. Mr. Dev has a keen eye and if he spots anyone making eyes at his little fuxy lady, it just might get ugly.

Keeping you all in my prayers, and sending big hugs from the wild north.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All the best to you! I hope he will find a job soon!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have to wonder if your son is my exb/f??? He sure sounds like him..lol. Came home from jail, no job, on parole, always was asking his mom for money...sounds like him!!! No, I'm sure my ex is prolly too old to be your son at 33! At any rate, it sure is easier without him in the house for us, isn't it?

Now there is always toilet paper in the bathroom, because I never leave it empty..
Now there is always food in the fridge without him eating me out of house and home..
Now there is never stubble all over the sink, huge piles of dirty clothes on the floor..
etc...etc...etc..

and mine didn't even live in my home, just "visited" way too much for the 2 months that we dated. I can't even imagine what living with one of these would be like...you all have my sympathies. And they're awfully hard to get rid of, aren't they?

Love,
KJ
Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dev, It's so nice when it's peaceful. Certainly glad God was there at that moment for you.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-28-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Dev,
You sure sound like you have this recovery thing down to a fine science!
In fact, your recovery is shining so bright I have to wear sunglasses to read your post!

Somehow, I would think with your son being 42, and mine being 35, that they're sure old enough to get it together and live a productful life.

Hugs and hugs....
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dev...I think your HP has as good a sense of humor as you do. I can just hear him laughing as he made sure your son's parole officer showed up at just the right time.

Glad you are able to enjoy some peace and a respectful son!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Dev, I'm so glad that things have been peaceful for you! Perhaps a job will appear soon?!

Hugs, HG
Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Friends

Angelic (shoot, that should be my name) no, my hands are not full, but I sure do feel sorry for our HP 'cause He sure has His full! I've done my time! Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Hi Marle, yep, guess the "boy" finally believes Mom and what she is capable of doing now that she has grown up!

Ann, isn't that the truth? Well, you always told me (when I was growing up) that things would get better once I did, and, although things are not perfect, at least it's peaceful. Of course, I only take it one day at a time and am always thankful for the good days.

I know, Ann, Mr. Dev best be careful and continue to make those yummy meals, 'cause you never know when Mrs. Dev will be swooped up by someone else. After all, when you look this good, you can't be too careful. It's a real curse being so gorgeous!! LOL

Kj3880, hmmm? I don't think he could have been your old bf, since he is 46 years old. More than the age though, is the fact that he is very, very, neat, and very spoiled. I mean, really, he's the one that complained because when he was in prison the thread count on the pillow case was terrible! He said it was probably like 100 thread count...not the usual 1000 he was used to! LOL
Although, he did eat alot. in fact, one day we came home and Mr. Dev went to get an apple and there was only one left. He said, "what? did John make an apol pie I don'ta seea pie anywhere, butta whereda the apols go?" LOL

Thanks Serenity..and yes it was beautiful the way my HP was right there listening. Shows to go ya, He is always with us!

Hi GrannyMoose, yep one would think that by this age, ah 46, he would catch on huh? I live for the day he once again becomes a productive human being like he once was.

Hi Greeteachday....you think? That was pretty good timing I would say!

Hydrogirl, he best go looking for that job 'cause it aint just going to appear. LOL Thanks for the good thoughts.

Ahhh, the son just called to say hello! Never asks for anything, just to say hello to me and pops! Maybe he thinks we're going to die soon, so he better shape up or he'll not get mentioned in the will huh?

Oh well, just to be hateful we're going to stick around!

Hugs, Devastated