Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I got to rant … A few members have talked about hearing songs that make them sad; I guess it was my turn.
Joey and I have always been very close and I really enjoy his company ….Well, when he is clean. When he was younger we use to always sing songs, you know riding in the car and stuff like that………..long story short we had our song and we would always sing it, he has an awesome voice.
Well last night he was up all night (a school night) I’m not sure if he was using, but I would think he was on something since he stayed up all night and went to school. I got up at 5:30 (Yes, a normal day for me) and came down stairs to find him sitting on the sofa with the laptop computer. We said a few words, I started the coffee and went into my office. A few minutes later he came in with the laptop and said mom, listen he played our song and started singing it to me………..Gezzzzzzzzz let me tell you this songs takes on a whole new meaning to me now, but here is the KICKER (you have to listen to the song, most of you will know it) when it gets to the part “I’m countin on you to carry me through” tears are rolling down his cheeks. When it was over, he just said well I better get showered for school and on the way out the door he said, you know you have always been there for me. The lump in my throat would not let me say, and I always will be so I said nothing. I don’t think I will ever listen to this song without crying again. This is what I am dealing with. This kid leaves me baffled, like what does he want from me. Needless to say he left me in tears all day and shaking my head….thinking is he asking for help or is playing me? (Amy, maybe you can tell me that one) Gezzzzzz :wtf2
YouTube - Drift Away - Dobie Gray

On another note, I got a call about his evaluation Jack said he is going to recommend 6-18 months in a rehab. The letter he wrote to the judge is wonderful….so I have hope.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This one is my son - we sat in the courthouse parking lot listening to it a few weeks before he went into rehab. YouTube - Desperado - The Eagles
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG cant quit crying.................gotta call my mom

love ya girl just hold on tight!

Love ya,
Pamm
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

:ghug

I'm sorry to hear about your weepy day....

On another note, I got a call about his evaluation Jack said he is going to recommend 6-18 months in a rehab. The letter he wrote to the judge is wonderful….so I have hope.
Perhaps your Joey will really want this to work! I'm praying for you both.

Hugs, HG
Old 02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You hang in their my friend I am praying.

Love ya your friend
Maggiemac
Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, you both have me crying. Julie, hang in there, perhaps your son is ready! Hopefully, Joey will get a judge who understands just what he needs. It sounds promising.

Winnie, Wow, that's your son.........I'm praying that there will be a rainbow for him.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ahhh thank you all, I am a little better this evening. It just seems it would just be so much easier if he was a defiant jerk. Earlier that day we had a really nice talk about god, he wanted to talk about beliefs in our HP and I assured him that when he is stoned it is NOT god he is talking to, that drugs do not originate with god. It is just so hard to tell where he is coming from at times.....he really seems to be a deep thinker even if his actions don't show it..

Ahhh Winnie thanks for sharing, here I go again with the tears. I hope your son is doing good, I just love that he wrote one for you.....that made me cry. I think I am going through weepy stage, maybe it that time of the month.

WLD, yes call your mother (((smile)))
Old 02-27-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The solid foundation he has...the love he knows...the beautiful memories you've made with your son are what will always be there and he'll know that life can be better than active addiciton. It may not work just as you hope, but his HP has him and there is a plan. Hugs
Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by winnie12 View Post
This one is my son - we sat in the courthouse parking lot listening to it a few weeks before he went into rehab. YouTube - Desperado - The Eagles

Love that song.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday!!

I don't know if he was asking for help or playing you...I DO know that if he wants help..he'll figure out how to ask for it. My gut says he wasn't playing you, but then I wasn't there.

I know, with my dad, sometimes my pride gets in the way of asking him for help. I call it my "superwoman complex". I don't like to admit I can't do something..usually nothing to do with addiction, but back when I was using, I'm sure I was the same way.

So, I will hint around at stuff. I'm more aware that I do this, now, but I think I've probably been doing it my whole life. Maybe your son does the same thing? If I don't get what I want/need, though, I'll finally just ask for it! I'm trying to do that, first, though

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I love both the songs!!

((Winnie)) your son has an awesome voice!! Now, I'm thinking his idea about being a famous musician isn't so far-fetched!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Songs have always been such a big part of my family's life. We have our good, our bad, our funny, and our desperate times songs. I don't know if he was reaching out to you, or maybe just realizing that he loved you, and the song meant something to him hon. I would say, take the best from the situation and leave the rest for now. This is one that carried my family through my Dad's cancer and death. It gave us strength, and hearing him sing it with us.. well it made singing it without him easy and hard all at once.

Met a man on the street last night
Said his name was Jesus
Thought he was crazy till I watched him heal a blind man
Watched him heal a blind man now I see

I live this life until this life won't let me live here anymore
Then I will walk yes I will walk
With patience through that open door
I have no fears, angels follow me wherever I may go

Met a girl in a chair with wheels
But no one else would see her
Met a girl in a chair with wheels
Everyone was so afraid
To even look down on her
And she just spread her little wings and flew away yeah

Met a kid on a bridge last night
Contemplating freedom
Met a kid on a bridge last night
And he said
I'm tired of this maddening life
And I'm ready to go meet Jesus
And I said he's a friend of mine
Met him just last night
And it's alright
Yeah it's all right
Yeah

Live here anymore

Said his name was Jesus

Live this Life by Big and Rich
Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That wasnt my son singing - some other guy.
unfortunately my son cant sing - he can play any instrument and he writes the most amazing songs.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((Winnie)) - oh, okay...I knew about him playing all the instruments and his awesome talent for songwriting. I DID keep looking at the video, and thinking "where is his HAIR???" but it was too dark to see who was singing? Of course, I'm old and half blind

I love music. It's the one thing that can get me in a better mood, really fast, bring back memories, make me cry. I was having a rough night, the other night, and God decided to play DJ...played about 3-4 of my favorite songs in a row on the radio in my car...my night was instantly better!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-01-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sitting here with tears running down my face. I love this forum.