Update on Jazz, halfway OT

Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Update on Jazz, halfway OT

LTD got me thinking it's been a while since my last update...

Had some big things happen over the holidays here, my oldest son finished school in Rochester and is starting a job in Syracuse next week. After Christmas he went back to NY but this time it was in a Uhaul loaded with everything he was taking to set up his first apartment. I got pretty choked up at the oldest "moving out". I'm such a sap. He's an amazing man and could not have made me more proud. So now I have ANOTHER spare bedroom... LOL!! I think I'll start a boarding house.

One of my oldest friends and ex BIL retired from the military last week and I was there with all my ex inlaws... Very large family and everyone attended except M (ex AW). Apparently she wouldn't attend because she doesn't leave the house. Of course I did get unsolicited updates on her declining health and living situation but wasn't rattled in the least. It's been a while since I've seen everyone and it was a great time for me with no regrets about attending. As I was leaving I came to the conclusion I probably would have even been OK if M was there.

I've been really relaxed lately and I realized I'm sleeping really, really good. I no longer automatically get up at o-dark thirty, even on weekends. My youngest is getting his learners permit today and I'm not at all concerned. I'm actually excited for him, he's already an excellent driver and has matured immensely over the past year. I trust he's ready for the extra responsibility. Things are good and I'm at peace, very relaxed.

My buds are talking about a May trip to Cabo. Looking forward to diving in the Pacific
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats to you Jazz -

Sounds like your world is Happy, Joyous and Free!!

praying it continues that way

Thanks for the update,
Rita
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm so happy for you Jazz, and proud to walk beside you on the same path.
Thanks for sharing how recovery works!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jazz - Life is good. So, how's the learner's permit thing going?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great you can maintain a relationship with the inlaws and not get rattled by "news" about the ex. Heck, I think it's great you even have a good relationship with the inlaws. I never did with mine. Guess that was a red flag, huh?

My daughter took the test for driving permit and flunked. She hasn't asked to take it again yet, but I know the days are numbered...........

Nice to hear things are good with you.

L
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
So, how's the learner's permit thing going?
I'll let you know, so far he hasn't taken my car out of the neighborhood yet. I was a bad parent and let him drive around the neighborhood and the school parking lot WAY before he got his permit.

I have this sporty Mazda MX-5 and he can't wait to do a time trial on the awesome back roads we have near us... oh boy! If I don't check in by the end of the weekend someone call an ambulance .

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I think it's great you even have a good relationship with the inlaws.
Well I've known these folks since I was in 3rd grade. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and have tons of stories about when we were kids. They're all a blast and it was fun seeing them on a regular basis when M and I were married. I'm from a very small family and it was nice to be part of such a big famliy.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are going so well for you. I hope everyhting continues on the same path.

My son just got his driver's license. I can't believe he's even old enough! They certainly grow up quick!

Sue
Old 01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is nice to read post about people that have made it to the other side. You sound happy and content and that is where I want to be. I am in the process of trying to separate and reading your post tonight gave me some much needed hope.

THANKS FOR THAT!!!

p.s. My daughter is also going to be testing for her permit soon and she is driving me nuts with it. My other daughter got hers 2 years ago and I am having those flashbacks of driving with her for the first time. When they keep driving towards all the mailboxes on the street and you have the death grip on the door handle!

Oh ya! Here we go again. I think the driving school charges us enough and they should teach them, or lend me the car with a brake on the passenger side.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JACKRUSSELLGIRL View Post
It is nice to read post about people that have made it to the other side.
There is another side and anyone who wants it will make it there. Glad I could be of help.

So you have two teenage girls and a Jack Russell? I'm guessing your home environment is..... high energy? Good luck with the next permit

Here's my Jack Russell, fortunately he's very laid back for the breed.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So you have a laid back Jack Russell. The picture is great. Mine, not so laid back, although he is getting older (8 yrs) and settling down a bit. He can't jump as high as he use to. His name is Cosmo and he is awesome. Compared to the girls, he is easy. My house, High Energy, as you say, I would say more the "House of Hormones" LOL

Compared to the AH nonsense that I am dealing with, I'll take the dog and girls any day.

I never thought my life would end up like this. I am so grateful that I found this site. All the people here are so helpful and understand what I am going through. Especially people like you who have been there, done that and survived. Your insight keeps a newbie, like myself, hopeful that whatever road I have to travel with my AH, I will get through it.

Thanks Again!

JRGirl