OT: Prayers please

Old 12-24-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Prayers please

My mom called tonight and my dad has taken a turn for the worse. They live out of town, and my first instinct was to hop in the car and go. She asked me not to because she said my dad would want the little ones to be home to find what Santa left on Christmas morning. I agree he would, after all he spent many years as Santa himself at the mall. So just needing prayers to get through this incredibly painful time........and wishing I could have a spouse who was able to wrap their arms around me in support instead of sitting alone downstairs drinking and listening to music.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your Dad is sicker. You have so much going on in your life already, I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you. Yes, your Dad and you and your little ones are in my prayers.

I know it's not the same, but know that all of us here on SR are sending you ((((( hugs )))) over the internet.

Mike
Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm sending some prayers for you, your dad and the whole family. I'm glad you are reaching out for support....there's plenty of that to go around here.(((blessed4x)))

Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you too.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((blessed)))) - Sending prayers you way for you and your entire family. I'm very sorry you are under such stress. But this IS a stressful time of year. If you feel the need to "talk" please don't hesitate to PM me. I'm spending the evening and tomorrow alone. No problema.

I'll be checking in on the board a lot. That's an open invitation to anyone out there who is stressed-out, bummed-out, sick and tired of being sick and tired ... well, just bring it on. If I can help in any way at all, even if it's just to "listen" I'll be happy to do so.

God bless every single one of you on this Christmas Eve!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Blessed,

You are a great mom and a treasure in our community, and I'm sending you a huge hug right now. Hang in there, and get to your dad when you can. Take care of yourself

GL
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, each of you. I shouldn't have to be dealing with the alcohol crap on top of it all, and my emotions are all over the place. AH came up and decided to set up the tent we got the kids from santa. I was surprised because in 16 years it's the first time he has ever helped, as he's usually passed out way before the kids are. I thought it was going to be one of those tiny ones, and it's kid-size, but larger than I thought. When I told him that he got angry, said I can't say anything positive and I should just keep my mouth shut. He then griped about when I was coming to bed......I just can't believe it. I can't believe someone could be told their father-in-law has a day to a week to live and all they would be worried about is if they're going to get any.

When I get through this, and sort it all out, I am hoping my resolve will be strengthened about how sick he is (we are together) and am able to start 2009 anew.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ago

(((blessed)))
Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Blessed)))

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Amy
Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

All my thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and family.

God bless
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:praying Take care of yourself and the kids.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks again! I drove to my parents today and met my sister and brother. We figured out it had been 32 years since we were all together on Christmas without spouses or kids. I got to spend the morning with my kids, and they were so busy with all the new stuff they probably didn't even notice I was gone. They live about an hour and a half away. My dad was in and out.....at times completely coherent, then confused....I suppose that's normal with the morphine and all.

AH is mad....he wasn't when I left, but after a day of drinking he got that way when I returned. But you know what, this isn't about him and he's just going to have to be what he's going to be. And I'm going to do what I have to do with or without his support. I can't later have regrets, because it will be too late then.

I'm so thankful I found SR when I did. If I had gone through this a year ago with my dad I know I would have handled things much differently. I would have missed out on this precious time.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((Blessed))

I'm glad you're doing what you need to do for you and your dad. You're right...this isn't about your AH, because he's going to do what he's going to do anyway.

I don't know exactly what's going on with your dad, but I can tell you in late stages of illness, especially with morphine, what you described is very normal.

Continued hugs and prayers coming your way.

Amy
Old 12-25-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Impurrfect....my dad has colon cancer that was removed 7 years ago, then returned this past summer in his liver and lungs. They told us 7 years ago, the day after Christmas, when he decided to go off dialysis that he would live 2 weeks maximum. He told the doctor, "I had a talk with The Man upstairs, and he said you are wrong." I'm thankful for the time we've had.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ignore your ah and focus only on your dad

im praying for you

(sorry so short im typing one handed)
Old 12-26-2008, 12:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((((blessed)))))

i got chills when i read that you and all your siblings got to spend the day together without spouses or others. what a christmas gift!

strong, heartfelt prayers going up for you, blessed
hugs
jeri
Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

(((((Blessed)))))) Sending you all the prayers and hugs I can!!! Stay strong!!! :praying
Old 12-26-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Seven extra years with someone you love is quite a gift. Sending prayers your way.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

prayers blessed

i'm sending many many prayers you and your families way hon!!!!!!!