In a tailspin

Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a tailspin

The 2 weeks of sobriety *sarcam intended* ended and the anger is back. I told myself over and over I wouldn't "get my hopes up". I tried so hard to detach and not let his use of/abstinance from alcohol affect me. I believed that when it ended I would have no feelings either way.....but the truth is, I do feel let down.

I know it's useless to even try to figure it out. We were talking more, enjoying our time together, having family dinners again. Then tonight....bam, I come home to an angry, bitter man who obviously spent most of his day with his true love.

He has been downstairs on the computer listening to REO "I Can't Stop This Feeling" over and over for the last 3 hours. It is all I can do to breath. The pain is heavy in the air. I kept telling myself I wanted to get through the holidays and my dad's terminal illness before I made any changes. This is not how I want to live. This is not how I want my children to live. We deserve a peaceful, joy-filled home. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what that heaviness in the air feels like. It's horrible. I've felt that thickness for the past month. I felt it when I told my family that my AH decided he wouldn't go to their Christmas. I feel it now as he sleeps in the chair while I type.

Sux
Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((blessed)))))

I'm so sorry. I'm hoping - thinking - praying that it will be a little easier for you to breathe in the morning after you've had a reasonable night's sleep. Do you have anything nice like chamomile or melatonin in the house to help you get some good rest naturally? I hate that he's let you down but...tomorrow will come and it's better if you're facing it as strong as you can muster. Hang in there.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does hurt to be let down by someone I love. I'm sorry you and your children are going through this, blessed, along with everything else.

((( )))
Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
Do you have anything nice like chamomile or melatonin in the house to help you get some good rest naturally?
I've got a warm, white, 11 pound furball. She loves me unconditionally, and she normally sleeps in her crate, but I think tonight it will do us both good to get some shuteye together. One day at a time, huh?! Thanks for the prayers.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a 22-pound cuddly puglet, and I'm going to do the same tonight in solidarity!! Hugs
Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

blessed, so sorry this is going on in your life. if i could guess right, i'd guess that you are now wondering what tomorrow will bring and all the stress from who is going to speak first, and what will be said.

in my case, i learned there was no fighting the bottle. or even reasoning with it.

hope you get a good nights sleep.

many prayers going up for you ((((((blessed)))))
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ago

(((Blessed)))
Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am feeling better this morning..........but God help the next person that has "I Can't Stop This Feeling Any Longer" on their ring tone, LOL!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((blessed)))
You must feel better- you made a joke!
Hang in there.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
I am feeling better this morning..........but God help the next person that has "I Can't Stop This Feeling Any Longer" on their ring tone, LOL!
I know how you feel about this. Everytime my AH is in this mood of listening to music while drunk, he does the same thing. Same song over and over. We live in a small house and we cannot escape this. His song is Reason by hoobastank. Weird, huh.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
I always hated that song anyway now I have even more reason to. WHat an awful thing to inflect on innocent ears!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thinking of You............

Hi there! I have not been on lately. Parents are extremely ill. Very draining. I was sad to read this and to see you are sad! I wish I had a magic answer for you - I have spent too many holidays alone - while AH binged and listened to music. So far - things are ok here- AH is sober 30 days and much nicer for now. It is scary and confusing though as I know ANGRY MAN is in there and I am afraid he may come back. Love those kids- hug that fur ball- dig deep in you for your peace and the love you deserve. You are a wonderful Mom and Woman! Much peace to you this Holiday Season!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Thinking of you today, blessed.

When people used to suggest to me that I "sleep on it" and see how things looked in the morning, I always rolled my eyes.
Now I know that sleep/time clears away the craziness and helps show me the truth.
I've had hurtful, awful evenings that felt unbearable - but I survived, even had a pleasant day after.

When the pain lasted through the night, when the resolve strengthened as I slept, and when the morning brought a definite "this is it," I knew it was time for me to take action. There was no mistaking my breaking point.

A very merry Christmas to you and yours, blessed. Everything will be alright.

-TC