Notices

I am back - not happy to be

Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back - not happy to be

Please read and say that this has happened to someone else (Although I really hope it hasn't because it sucks)

It's been AGES since I've had anything CLOSE to a panic attack. Then, today, I finish watching a love/comedy, get up to use the toilet and in the toilet I start to get dizzy, my tongue starts to get a funky taste (This has happened before and still does when I get paniced suddenly during a wedding session) the back of my head hurt and that all triggered a panic attack. It happened right around midnight.

My wife was about to go to bed when I decided to tell her. She was very nice, woke up, sat next to me as I took my pills, massaged my head and neck.

This is how I felt...dizzy (Vertigo maybe). I felt like my face was kinda 'tired' like the muscles wanted to droop down but I wouldn't let them. Of course STROKE popped into my head (No pun intended) and the panic gets worse. My wife is anxious to help but I tell her "...please don't talk just be here with me." It's not that I didn't appreciate her calming words it was that I had to focus on them making things worse in my head.

The final, and almost most annoying part, was that I had this urge to cry. I kept back though because I felt if I did that all the wiring in the back of my neck and head would snap and I would pass out or something.

The meds finally took in and my wife continued to massage for a while. I new the first place I had to come to was HERE. Japan isn't the place to be sick unless you are sick between 9am and 12pm.

Just an added note: The last time something similar happened, my head got all hot on one side of my face and my tongue had a prickling sensation and tasted like blood almost. This triggered a panic attack. The side of my face cramped up. Found out it was a nerve that caused that and then the panic attack. Since then, when I am presiding over a wedding, I sometimes fumble on some words, this causes an 'instant' panic of sorts, and I get that 'tongue' feeling for a few moments until I recover speech wise. Not sure if this is anything anyone is familiar with.

HELP FROM JAPAN
Old 12-09-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, daVinci2
Sorry you're dealing with such a frightening experience, but, glad your wife was there for you. I'm struck by the taste sensation you get on your tongue, though. That's not normally a signal of a panic attack. Have you spoken to your doctor about it? Tasting, smelling, hearing and seeing things that are not there are more likely in a schitzophrenic or schitzo-affective personality, I *think.* But, please know, I'm no doctor, and only a doctor can diagnose. I hope you see your doc and mention this to him/her.

How are you doing now? Let us know, cuz, we care.

Shalom!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

It could be anxiety or you might be catching a virus/cold. I know I had the same things happen not to long ago from being sick. I also have anxiety and panick attacks and yours seems a bit off from the regular panick atack.
I hope your night is better. Get some sleep.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Apparently the tongue tasting has to do with a nerve on the face. When the muscle around it constrict then it causes all sorts of problems. I had both my mental health doctor and acupuncturist say the same thing. They both said that when stresses happens, the muscles clentch and you start to get that feeling...then it's gone when you relax.

After the medicine kicked in I was fine for a while and slept. I'm waking up and going to work now. I need to get out otherwise I'm just going to sit and worry about things. Next month I've decided to take 2 weeks off from work to relax.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Good for you, daVinci!
Doing things that are healthy for you, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually will help. And taking two weeks for yourself is just what "the doctor ordered" for stress relief. LOL!

That's interesting about the taste sensation due to stress. Thank you for sharing that information! Ya never know what you're going to learn here on SR! LOL!

I look forward to hearing more from you, and how you are doing.

Shalom!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

DaVinci,
Sorry you had to go through that, it sounds really scary, but glad tohear that you're doing better.
Panic attacks can change over time, the last one I had about a month ago was different than others I've had. But then I hadn't had a full blown one for a long time.
They do scare the living daylights out of one, don't they?
Glad you can take a vacation, that will help you to relax.
Blue
Old 01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wish you happy everyday
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

much empathy towards u <3