somthing i'm going to do for myself today

Old 11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

somthing i'm going to do for myself today

today i'm going to do something for myself.

i have developed a real bad habit of putting things off......never used to do this untill i spent 15 years of living with the effects of alcoholism.

so i'm making a new goal for myself each day.

today, i'm hooking up my electronic equipment to my t.v.

nothing big, but i will experience a sense of accomplishment.

later, i'm going to do the girly, facial thing.

anyone else care to share what they will do for themselves today?

only one request, please......that it have nothing to do with the addict in our lives.

:codiepolice
Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today I put Christmas lights on the front porch (with my son's help). I also started putting out Christmas decorations. Yippee! I love Christmas!

Sue
Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Walking across the tile floor barefoot and stepping on cat litter makes me nuts. When we moved in here A YEAR AGO, in the interest of saving money I bought a cheap little broom/dustpan combo. It never swept up a damned thing, nor did the edge of the dust pan allow ANYTHING to be swept into it.

Today I invested in my own sanity, bought a pepto-pink quality o'cedar broom with a matching pink dustpan w/soft rubber leading edge. It gets the kitty litter out of the grout lines and every little speck of dirt goes into the pan 1st try! I'm in Heaven! AND it was on sale AND some money went to breast cancer research, hence the pink! Now we can keep this junkyard cat.....just kidding. Everybody's a winner.

The only question I have for myself.....why did I wait 11 months? Ha! :wtf2

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, mine is post break up, but I joined a gym and had my first training session today. My legs are sore!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today I will place my electric Christmas candles in my front windows and put my lighted reindeer in the front yard. I will place some of my Christmas keepsakes in their special places in the house.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went to Best Buy and bought a new monitor for my computer. It had died about 6 months ago, and AH used to let me use his laptop. Recently with all the arguing, he password protected it and hides it so that I can't use it. So I got fed up and went and replaced it! I also untangled all the wires, dusted and cleaned all the cords and have a nice desk to surf from now!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Oh sure, make me feel lazy, why don't ya? I'm just checking in for the first time today. It's 8:00 pm and I haven't done a dern thing today. Never got dressed. Never combed my hair. OK, well I did brush my teeth, wash my face, and changed into clean jammies.

It's been raining since yesterday and I gave myself a true lazy day. I put on my favorite comfy jammies, turned on the fireplace, and read magazines and watched decorating shows all day.

Sometimes a day of doing absolutely nothing is just what the doctor ordered. It's still raining and cold now, plus a thick fog has rolled in. It feels so indulgent to be warm and cozy inside when it's miserable, cold, and wet outside.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be more industrious. It's my day off, so maybe I will and then again maybe I won't.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ago

Phew....FD saved my arse

yeah, a day of self nurturing.....yeah that's it...

funny, I woke up with such ambitions today too, was just distracted by a shiny object and the next thing I knew it was naptime.

I'll take the "kitty fifth" on this one (my cat napped with me, good enough for him, good enough for me)
Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well, fd, it sounds like you did do something for yourself.....you relaxed and enjoyed it thouroughly. sounds like a plan to me.

as for my plans....well they fell through. as soon as i started hooking up my electronics, i passed stone cold out. i knew i was feeling shaky, but ignored it because i get shaky sometimes.

turns out i had a very low blood sugar. my mother heard the crash, called 911, and they got my "emergency kit" for diabetes and gave me a glucose shot.

i refused to go to hosp. cause of no insurance plus, i really do know what to do.

i know it doesn't sound like it since i let my bs get so low, but i will pay closer attention now. i've lost a lot of weight, so my treatment may have to be adjusted.

so now i'm just kinda "off" if you know what i mean.....will rest the remaining of the evening, and start anew tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Is there a free clinic in your area where you could be checked out? If not, I believe emergency care centers and hospitals won't turn you away because you lack insurance and funds. They could monitor your current blood sugar levels over the course of a few hours and write you a new prescription to adjust your medications (or insulin) accordingly, if need be.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

oh, it's just happened since i've lost weight.....50 lbs. so my meds are too much for me. i'm not taking anymore meds till i see my m.d......tomorrow. i'm not insulin dependant......i take pills. so i will check with him tomorrow. he let's me charge.

good news too. i'm going for a job interview tomorrow at a pharmacy. it's only 3 days a week, 4 hrs each day. just enough for me to be able to handle at this point in time.

i have all the monitors and such to watch my own glucose levels, so i feel confident i will be ok.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're seeing the doc tomorrow. Good luck with your interview!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
AKA 'grewupinabarn'

I finished grading a big pile of papers!!
Yippee!
Now, to get ready for tomorrow. Ugh, its almost 10pm, again!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

since i've had a set back from plans this evening.....i'll make a new goal for tomorrow.

tomorrow, i'm going to doc, for an interview.....and then at home, i'll hook up that electronic equip.

then, after playing catch up, i'm going to hang curtain in my bedroom.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I get out there in my joddies and ride my horse. I have mentioned on this site before how I gave that up when things got really bad with my AH. I didn't have to, I just did. It was all work, work, work. Who wants to live like that. Now I make an effort to ride everyday. And it feels so good. Am even thinking of getting back into some jumping (just the little cavalettis for now).