How is this?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How is this?

Hi,

I was hoping that with the holidays approaching the two of us could maybe put all our disagreements aside, if not for us, at least for the kids to have some Happy Holidays. I think they deserve it from us. I do miss you, love you, and you are in my heart everyday.

Love, Mom

That isn't caving is it? I just can't bear having the holidays without the grandkids. I know I'd live and would enjoy those that will be here, went three years without the other grandkids when they lived in Oregon, but I'd like them all here. I'd like to see AD too without any discussion other than day to day topics. She does talk to her sisters and they see each other.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no other ideas, but I think the letter is good, and I hope she takes you up on it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sorry you are going through this. If it was me, I'd expect the best but prepare for the worst. Maybe this would be a really good year to think outside of the box as to how you spend your holidays. I've always wanted spend Christmas on the beach in Hawaii...

I really hope it works out for you though. (((hugs)))
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Baxter, The letter sounds good to me...Just the other day Chris and I were talking and he said to me..."You know mom~ I don't like the holidays".....hogwash!! When he was a kid he loved the holidays and all the getogethers around here. It's been since his addiction and all the wrong choices he has made that makes him have a hard time facing whats normal for us. I would hate to not see my grandkids either but maybe you can all come up with something that will make everyone comfortable.....It's time like this that I could just skip Xmas and as kitty said~~~go to Hawaii....Thats after we win the lottery. I'll pick you up on the way to the airport.....HUGS! Bonnie
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Baxter, I see nothing caving about telling her you love her (and her children) and asking for peace...a truce over the Holidays. It's just a nice thing to do.

However it turns out, I hope you will embrace the joy of the season and find peace just knowing you tried.

Big hugs