Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - Nov. 6 - Enjoying Life

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Enjoying Life

Do something fun today.

If you're relaxing, let yourself relax, without guilt, without worrying about the work that is undone.

If you're with loved ones, let yourself love them, and let them love you. Let yourself feel close.

Let yourself enjoy your work, for that can be pleasurable too.

If you're doing something fun, let yourself enjoy it.

What would feel good? What would you enjoy? Is there a positive pleasure available? Indulge.

Recovery is not solely about stopping the pain. Recovery is about learning to make ourselves feel better; then it's about making ourselves feel good.

Enjoy your day.

Today, I will do something fun, something I enjoy, and something just for me. I will take responsibility for making myself feel good.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's funny that even with some good recovery under my belt, I still have to remind myself to have fun, to enjoy every moment of the day and see the beauty in it.

Why not try something new? Today maybe take a walk someplace pretty like a park or walking trail? Maybe meet a friend for coffee or lunch? Maybe go to a library or book store and get yourself something that you would love to read and then spend some time reading it?

There are so many ways to make a day special and all I have to do is set aside the time and do it. It always brightens my day and gets me out of myself.

Hugs