Notices

Judi Rebecca

Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Judi Rebecca

Hello I am new here and I need help I am 52 years old and have been drinking now for about 20 years. I recently lost my daughter (31) to alcohol which lend to taking pills and now shes gone. I have hit my rock bottom. I lost my baby and yet I still want to hide away with a bottle and cry. I don't want to hear how she is in a better place I just want to feel my pain and yes, cry in my bottle. In my heart I know I need and want to stay sober but, its so hard my husband asks me how can you do what killed our daughter? by drinking -I don't the answer. any advice?

purpleskies
Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

coming here an posting is a great start! I'm really glad you are here. Fear and discust at my drinking didn't get me started on sobriety....believing it was possible to be sober and believing that life could be worth living is what helped me to take the action that got me sober.

Please keep coming here and please read some of the posts as that will help. You are not a bad person trying to get good, but a sick person trying to get well.

:ghug3
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One step at a time.

Welcome. I am glad you are here. This is an amazing group of people.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((purpleskies)))))

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your daughter. It is a parent's worst nightmare.

I met a woman at an AA meeting not long ago who told us that several years ago she was concerned for her daughter as she had been having a rough time with drinking and taking pills. This mother couldn't get hold of her one morning so she went to her house to check on her. She found her dead at the age of 25. Her 3 year old grand daughter was in the house alone.

She went off the deep end of grief and drank and took pills herself. She went to grief counseling, ended up in a rehab, but still couldn't get a grip. She said she was utterly lost and hopeless until she found AA, that the program and her sponsor saved her life and helped her overcome her grief and downward spiral.

Today this woman is amazingly strong and peaceful. She is raising her grand daughter who is now 9.

Whatever your path, I hope that you kind find your own peace away from the alcohol. It will surely destroy you and make your grief worse.

My thoughts are with you.

D
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Purpleskies, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! I only joined this site a week ago (day 8 of sobriety) and find myself here every day. It's an amazing supportive place! We will be here for you through this difficult time if you need us!
:ghug3
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your daughter. Addiction makes no sense, darlin, that's why we keep doing insane things when we are drinking and using. Go ahead and cry for your baby. Think about grief councelling and keep coming here so we can help you on your journey to recovery.

Jomey
Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Purpleskies, I'm so glad you found us. Your daughter would be so sad to know she was causing you this pain, and would want you to salvage your life. There is no point in two tragedies. I commend you for reaching out and trying to find help for yourself - I'm not sure I would have been that strong. There's only one way to turn this thing around, and that is to become sober so you can learn to live again. Keep talking to us, we care.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Purpleskies and welcome! Like others have said, this is a great place for support. It sounds like you want to stop... next step, give it a try! Can you stop, just for today? Then try the same thing again tomorrow. Don't think too long term. Facing your feelings sober sucks at first but it does get easier with time, just remember that. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

welcome to SR
Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am sorry your daughter lost her battle.
Prayers for your comfort...Hugs

Welcome to our recovery community

I finally quit drinking at 53....and my
recovery program is AA.
Have you considered attending AA?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I really dont know what I could say that hasnt already been said.
I am glad your here.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome purpleskies - you have come to a very caring and supportive place here. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a great place for love and support and experiences. We keep each other clean and sober and offer support in grief. I am sorry you lost your daughter. I"m sure she'd want you to stay sober and live fully, as the person you were born to be.

I"m glad you found us. We care about each other here.:ghug3