6:00 rehab tonight for AH

Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

6:00 rehab tonight for AH

He was supposed to be here last night and never showed. So today when he called my cell and acted like nothings wrong I didn't answer. He left a message saying he has a bed reserved at the rehab and he would see me in two hours. Supposibly he's supposed to be there at 6:00. I'm not answering the phone because I want him to know he has to do this all by himself.
This will not get him back in my good graces. I have let the kids know that he may be faking wanting to get better and not to get to excited. Sad to have to tell that to little ones.
I told them that if he comes to the house they can hug him and that he has to go.
I just have this gut feeling he still has the job and this is just BS until Monday rolls around and he'll be right back up where he came from. There is not going to be any special feelings so he's about to get a reality check. There will be no welcome home sign this time around.
He's on his own.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug :ghug
Old 10-25-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

They admitted him into the real hospital. I guess something to do with his heart. He told them about the seizures. I went up there and gave him a hug and he hugged me pretty tight. It freaked me out because it was like a good bye hug. Scared me.
I don't know what's happening. I will call them in the morning to see how he is. I hope and pray he doesn't have any more seizures and no strokes. I think this is a wake up call for him this time, something just tells me he's too close to death.
He gave me his bank card and the number to withdrawl all the money out. Freaky huh? Send prayers his way please. As a person I don't want anything bad to happen to him. He's suffered for so long. If God takes him I understand why. I hope it's not his time.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:praying For every one in the family.

take care
Old 10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Many rehabs want to make sure their participants are medically stable before they actually enter rehab. It is good that he is getting the medical attention he needs. They may be able to start his detox there too. There is always an upside.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

He is being held in the ICU. He is very ill. Still not sure what's going on with his heart. He is seeing a cardio dr. They have him comfortable as I can hope for now. I'm trying to find a sitter so I can go see him. I'm not sure if he will pull through this one. I can hear he is sick but his pride is trying to cover it up so I don't worry. I think he's a little too close to deaths door this time.
Latte,
This rehab he went to only sends patients to the hospital if something is wrong. They don't just send them to be "on the safe side". Rehabs would lose too many patients due to hospital bills if that were the case.

Thanks to everyone for praying. We need them.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Do you know even with the thought of death at his door he STILL finds excuses as to why he's lying in that hospital bed. It's that he didn't drinnk enough water and the stress. I finally looked at him "you stupid Fk, it's because you drank alcohol".....if he wasn't so ill I might have punched him.
Are you friggen kidding me?
I know the look I shot him was priceless because he back tracked on his words real fast. He knew I was not about to hear that mess.
It's not pretty and I don't think it will kill him this time but he is right there at deaths door. Life is up to him.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((Stubborn))

Sending you, him and the kids hugs and prayers.

I'm glad you put the responsibility of his condition right back on his drinking...how quickly they forget.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-26-2008, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubborn1 View Post
Do you know even with the thought of death at his door he STILL finds excuses as to why he's lying in that hospital bed. It's that he didn't drinnk enough water and the stress. I finally looked at him "you stupid Fk, it's because you drank alcohol".....if he wasn't so ill I might have punched him.
Are you friggen kidding me?
I know the look I shot him was priceless because he back tracked on his words real fast. He knew I was not about to hear that mess.
It's not pretty and I don't think it will kill him this time but he is right there at deaths door. Life is up to him.

I felt the same way when my brother was in hospital and he was making excuses. It changed things for me, but apparently not for him this time.
My brother was told to imagine his life as a piece of string, at his age (37) it should be 18" long, his was 2" at the time, about a month ago.

It's hard for those of us who care, but I guess when people who really know the facts can't get through to them we have no chance of getting through.

My brother being in hospital changed things for me, I finally came to realise, right in that little bit of my brain that wouldn't let go, that it really is up to him. It's his life to do with as he wishes right now. He's sick, but he does have the choice to beat it. I explain it to myself the same way I explain it to my nephew, his mum had cancer, she could fight all she wanted and she couldn't change the outcome, he can fight and live but he has to want to.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

:ghug2

I honestly do know not what to even say, except that I am praying for you and him.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soconfused11 View Post
:ghug2

I honestly do know not what to even say, except that I am praying for you and him.
I only meant to say to you that I'm thinking about you, and I understand what you are going through, and I have some idea what your kids are going through. I have my bit sorted I think, but thank you for the prayers. I wish you well and will pray for you and yours too.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

one word . WOW:sorry
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your little ones. Look after yourself at this difficult time.:praying
Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

You are in my prayers and thoughts still.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

((((Stubborn)))) You, your husband and your little ones are in my prayers. Having been where you are only 4 months ago, when my AH almost died and was in the hospital, I can totally relate to how you are feeling. Keep us posted and again, all of you are in my prayers. (((Hugs)))
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I work at a drug/alcohol rehab center.

I can tell you that a lot of our patients who come in for admission or assessments are sent out to the hospital before we admit them here. We do have a medical department and doctors on staff, but we definitely make sure someone is relatively stable, or as stable as possible, before we admit them.

We make a big deal out of heart problems too. If a patient even THINKS he/she is having chest pains, we call an ambulance.

A hospital or rehab will know what to prescribe to stop/prevent seizures as well.

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know it's so scary.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

(((hugs))))...you and your family are in my prayers
Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you and your family...in some ways, I wish my sister was in your position, as scary as this is for you and your family. Her husband has just been arrested for a DUI ( single vehicle acident on his motorcycle, no one hurt thank God); $500 bail and court in a month. But she still says everything is ok, he didn't mean it...so this probably isn't his bottom, or hers. I pray, I hope, that this is the bottom for your husband.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I hope the best for your sister. I can't even say if this is my ah's rock bottom.I took the kids up to see him today and asked if he had a plan and of course there was no plan but for him to come home and me work days and him nights........I said "are you out of your dang mind?" He hasn't been sober and he thinks I'm going to leave him with my kids?
His plan is 90 in 90. He mentioned to the kids how mommy is going ot have to help him and I said "mommy isn't helping anybody, daddy is on his own" I went through miscarriages alone, labor alone, raised three infants alone and he THINKS I will help him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Not even a chance.
He got himself into this mess and he's going to have to suffer and get himself out. No sympathy from me on this one. I told him I will not play his "victim" game. So he needs to man-up and get serious or go back to his old life
Sounds harsh but he's taken eight years I can not get back. I did not have these children to raise alone or they probably would not be here.
Tomorrow he has a barium enima..........LMAO, now that's funny! I may even go. I have to get humor where I can.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Awakening

Tomorrow he has a barium enima.........

I bet if you explained a little of your situation to the nurse....she would let you administer it. Ha! :codiepolice

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug2
Coyote