Notices

3 days sober

Old 07-20-2003, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

3 days sober

Looking for some support. I am currently 3 days sober, I use coke once a week and its getting to be that I need more and more. When I went on my last binge, I was not in contact with family, friends, fiance for almost 30 hours. How crappy of me to do that. I want to get my life straightened around and I am so helpless to this addiction. I found this website and thought it looked like a good place to seek help and be able to talk about my craving. I am going to make it this time. Recovery is not new, but need to get a grip and get this stuff out of my life. Any suggestions or prayers are welcome. God knows I will say a prayer for everyone else tonight.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

**{HOWIE}}-Welcome to Soberrecovery, so glad you've found us! There's a lot of friendly, supportive people here. I haven't been sober very long so I know how tough it is. I'm sending a prayer your way tonight, hang in there. 3 days IS an accomplidshment..just keep taking it one day at a time.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery,and congrats on the 3 days

Look around and make yourself at home.There are lots of good forums and you will find we are very friendly and supportive.You may want to Read "How It Works" at the top of the page on the NA forum.It's some really good reading.Take care,

phoenix
Old 07-20-2003, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I am glad to have found a place to talk about how tough this all is. I have to go into work tomorrow, I have not been there since wed and it makes me sick and nervous to my stomach. I called in sick (of course, it was because I was to busy doing drugs) and I am feeling very guilty. This is the 2nd time this year that I have done this. My job is high stress, school is high stress and I have been resorting to getting high to forget about the stress, yet it causes sooo much more. I have an appt for an intake assessment this week, and wonder how I am going to fit all of this into my schedule. My boss is not very understanding about taking time for appts or anything. (she is never sick, or seems to have any problems personally.) so she never understands, and I cannot tell work about this. Funny how I made time to do drugs though. I really want to get my life together and I am going to. Too much to lose and tired of the feeling that I get afterwards. Not being able to sleep and then wondering what the hell I did that for. My fiance and family do not deserve this, and neither do I . I hate feeling so powerless over something. I hate the cravings that I feel when I am driving home from work and think, well, I will just get a bit, and then go home. I thought I could control it but cannot.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi Howie, welcome to S B glad that you are here. I have a susgestion do you want to try and go to an N A meeting? you will find people like you there also. Keep on posting here and let us know hoow you are doing. Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 07-21-2003, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

well, I am off to get an intake assessment for outpatient treatment tomorrow. I feel good and bad about it. Funny how you can think that drugs are your friends and you are going to leave them behind, and never see them again. Gone are the so called good times and party scenes. Damn, I had a good time, but really need to grow up. Tomorrow will be interesting, hearing what the assessment shows. It is a good thing.
Thanks Biker bill for saying"hey". my harleys been in the garage all summer because I have had my priorities in the wrong place. Take care all and god bless!!:shades:
Old 07-21-2003, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Good luck to you Howie!! You're doing the right thing. just take it one step at atime, okay?
Old 07-21-2003, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks 2stop. You guys have made my last 2 days. Its been nice to chat with y'all.
God bless us and keep us safe another day!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Howie,glad you could join us.

Congats on your three days sober.Any addict that can resist the desire to use for even one day is in my opinion a miracle.

Keep coming back.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

rough day today. I think about things to much, get stressed and then think about using. However, I did not today and I am ready to go to bed. Thank god for 1 more day. Had an assessment today, outpatient treatment was recommended. the unfortunate thing is that the only outpatient treatment times at this facility fall on my school nights. think that I will make use of NA and my family. 5 days straight. feels good, and I hope that I can make it through the weekend. those are my toughest times.
have a good night.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

You can do this Howie!! I know you can, just don't pick up no matter what, ya hear? Take it one day at atime and you will make it. Pulling for you. Hang in there, okay?
Old 07-23-2003, 07:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Howie.

These people are so welcoming...............and they really care

Feel free to talk to me .......seems we are in the same boat

Sober again for just a few days

Blessed Be,

Lady
Old 07-27-2003, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

welcome Howie!!! you have come to the right place for support, you have already taken the first step in your recovery by admitting that you have a problem and seeking out help. good luck to you
my thoughts and prayers are with you

Bernadette
Old 08-10-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Well, its sunday night again. made it through another weekend!! Yipee! Its been 17 days since my big bad cocaine bender and I feel good. I do feel down right ornery and frustrated with everything though. i have been looking for other ways to deal with this. I know that I take my frustration out on my boyfriend and he has just listened so far. Hope I get a better attitude soon. It was/is certainly a nice feeling to jump on line and talk. This website rocks and will continue to be a way to work through the troubled times. Take care all and god bless.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

congrats! 17 days is a great start. hang in there, we all go thru the "attitude" when we start kicking our habit. your mind and body have to learn how to "adjust" to your new way of life

best of luck

Bernadette
Old 08-27-2003, 08:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

Good luck and I wish you the best...
Old 08-28-2003, 01:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Addicted

Howie:

Please read what I just posted under:

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/show...threadid=17715