Notices

depression

Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy depression

Hey guys....again I have pulled my amazing disappearing act....Im suffering really bad right now from depression, anxiety and panic...I just cant seem to focus or concentrate on anything...it's all I can do lately to even get dressed in the morning...so I finally broke down and went to the dr. yesterday and he put me on Celexa, and wants me to go see a therapist atleast twice a week...and made me girlscout promise not to commit suicide...
So hopefully this will help me...I just feel like the sky is falling around me....
this is as much as I can muster up the will to type....ughhhhhhhhhhh
xoxoxox, Rach
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this Rach. Can you get out of the house into the fesh air for 10 minutes? I know how depression can paralize you. I'm glad you spoke to your doctor. Someone else will come along to say something more inspirational then this! Just wanted you to know that you matter here and I'm sorry.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Getting out helps me alot of times. Even if its just to sit on the deck for a little while. I take my cig and something to drink. And just sit and ponder.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I can empathize, Rach. At about two years sober, I learned the difference between merely "having the blahs" and being downright depressed!

One morning, I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed, get dressed, go to work...nothing...didn't even feel like drinking!!! I mustered up the energy to call out sick at work...and, then I called the hospital's Alcoholism Treatment Unit where I detoxed two years before. The doctor talked me into coming in for a consult, after which he wanted to give me an antidepressant; but, I refused anything until they all got together and assured me it was non-addictive, as long as taken strictly as prescribed.

In conjunction with the scrip, I also went to several months of once-a-week counselling. It all worked out very well, although now I'm on Welbutrin...very common for the elderly, I understand. I may feel a bit "down" occasionally, but nothing compared to that bout with depression. So, I understand what you're going through; and, I also know it can be dealt with.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh yuk, it's rubbish isn't it?? Had clinical depression myself for a long long time now. The worst bit is just not knowing when it's going to drop out of the sky and land on you 'hey, I'm back..betcha thought you'd got rid of me huh?'

I don't have a solution, but I do how howyou feel. I've been on Effexor for a while now - the only thing that works for me.

Just hang on in there. There will be that pretty end of tunnel light, it'll creep up and you'll get yourself there. Think of this as a blip.

take care

sas
Old 09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will pray for you. god bless and I hope you are feeling better soon and please dont go commiting suicide keep that pinky swear to your doc.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

You know what they say about suicide..."It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem"...and, that's no joke!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Rach, hang in there, I'm thinking of you!

Heavy
Old 09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Lostgirl))) Depression isn't a weakness and it isn't something you can just "snap" out of. You need to stay on the medicine and therapy does help. My husband has depression and he had a nasty habit of stopping the meds when he feels better. It doesn't work. I am so sorry you are going through this, but know things can be better and will be better. There is a solution to this and it isn't ending your life. Stay close to your friends and to SR.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Rach. I'm so glad to see that you have taken another great step in the right direction. Like Horselover says, make sure to take your meds religiously or they will not work. I was on celexa for a couple years and it did help. Therapy would be great too. You are on your way girl, just hang in there as well as you can and dont give up.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im trying, I just feel like cr.ap right now...I just stared at my clothes this morning and didnt even want to get dressed...and would have rather put on a huge baggie shirt and shorts and climbed back into bed...so now im at work feeling like I REALLY dont want to be here...totally NO MOTIVATION....looking at these 4 walls around me and i just want to scream...but that would take too much energy....I wish I could just sleep for days...Its hard to even type these words...I didnt think I could go on "lock down" any deeper...wrong...
sorry to be a pest....
xoxoxoxoxo Rach
Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are totally not a pest. I think most people now understand just how debilitating depression can be. Hang in there Rach and hopefully, the medicine will kick in soon. It will get better. It really will. :ghug3
Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rach,

I hope you find that the antidepressants are the answer for your depression. I know exactly how miserable and dark it can feel when the depression takes over.

Remember, we all care about you!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
"Welcome To The Future..."

Rach,

Oh sweetie!!! First of all, let me say how good it is to hear from you. I haven't been around much in the past weeks. So, I've missed you and everyone else here. Second of all, I can tell you that I know just how that dark hole of true depression feels! Do as the good doc. said. Take the meds, but give them time to work. It can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for them to build up into a steady state in your system. I think therapy is a great idea. I've found it extremely beneficial--not just with the addiction but with my overall depression/anxiety and the way I look at life in general.

It's hard to wait for the meds to work. But I promise you they will. I am currently on Celexa and it works great for me. It isn't for everyone, but there are tons of others out there if this one isn't the right one for your body.

Take care sweetie! And keep us posted! We're all here for you and sending up prayers for you as we speak!!!

Love,

SP
:ghug

Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I understand what you're feeling. I've been on zoloft for over ten years. But even so sometimes the thick fog settles all around me and I can't see or move in any direction. Yeah. It's hard to deal with. Please take it one minute, one hour at a time. Have you any loving/cheerful/funny type movies? Sometimes that helps me to 'get out of myself' for a while.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:ghug3