Question for you all~~~

Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

Question for you all~~~

I haven't seen my son in 3 weeks and also haven't talked to him in 2. We are planning to attend a 50/60's week-end in Ellioctville NY this coming week-end and thats where Chris lives. Seeing that he hasn't gotten in touch with us lately~~~would you all call him when you got there or not. I'm kinda of thinking (if he remembers)) that I should let him get ahold of us. I'm not sure why he is ignoring us and it really hurts. His x-wife saw him last week-end and she said he looks great and is happy. I wonder if we are just a bad reminder of his screw-ups for the last 3 years......life can be so complex and I'm confused again...Hugs, Bonnie
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't remember how long he's been clean, however, I would say NO.

He is probably still feeling guilty, to what degree I don't know, and it's going to take him time to face up to all his screw ups and get around to being serious about saying I'm sorry.

In the meantime, you are probably right to some degree and he just doesn't know how to talk to you or face you YET.

Go enjoy your weekend. Remember, my mom didn't talk to me the last 2 1/2 years I used and then again in sobriety I didn't talk to her from '87 until '92.

Just enjoy your weekend and HAVE FUN, lol

Love and hugs,
Old 09-17-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Bonnie, if it were me , I would let him be and leave it to him to contact...
I know its hard, momma...
...try not to assume he is ignoring you but rather see it that he is just busy living his life... he has a lot on his plate..and trying to deal with recovery and work may be all he can handle right now...
I am glad the report from friends is a good one, that is a blessing to be thankful for...
Your 50's/60's weekend sounds like a blast!!! girl, I envy your social life..Grateful
Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ellicottville, NY. We are in the same area. I always go there for the Pumpkin festival and craft show in October and last few years have been gorgeous.

I don't think I'd contact him either. Two weeks sure hasn't been that long, although to you I'm sure it's seemed longer. He may be having the guilt feelings and he may remember and contact you. I'd let him make the first move though. Maybe it's his time.

Have a fun weekend. Sound's like my kinda time.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats amazing Baxter~~~Ellicottville is about an hour from us. I'm so glad that Chris is working and living up there and he doesn't go to all those bars....I'm glad its a little too e
expensive for him. LOL OK~~I'll take all your suggestions and let it be. Thanks so much. Bonnie
Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I am sure that when I was in my 20s and busy with my life, that a few weeks went by
w/0 me contacting my mother. That being said, I was never an addict.
Perhaps leave him an email or voice message that you will be in town and for him to return the call
if he'd like to get together at a neutral place for coffee or a meal.

At least you got an update on him from his X and there seems to be no need to panic.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hey, Bonnie. Good to see you, again. It's been awhile.
I'm not sure why he's not contacting you, sweetie, but I think I'd have to let that go.
He'll contact ya when he's ready. Whatever the reason, whether it's a "painful past", or maybe even a "maturing stage", he'll talk when he's ready. If you just wanna know if he's gonna go to the oldies weekend thingy...leave a message on his voicemail.
"Hey, Chris. It's mom. Just wonderin' if your still interested in getting together when I'm in town this weekend. Just a reminder. Please let us know. Love ya, son. Take care."
Hope you hear somethin' soon, Bonnie. I know how frustrating it can be.
Have fun this weekend, regardless.
Hugs,
Linda
Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Actually we live about an hour away also by Jamestown. Know what you mean about the bars being expensive. Cost a fortune to do a night on the town there.

Good luck and hope you hear from him.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

BBD,
He'll call.
Believe me, he will eventually call you.

Maybe he just needs some space right now, and YOU can use some too.

Get your mind on other things...
Enjoy that party, sounds like alot of fun...

Hugs...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey Moose~~ I love the red shoes. I'm a real red person. Now I just need to learn how to mix it with purple.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well...I had to get shoes to match my lipstick!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Bonnie

I have to agree with the others and, that is, I would go to Ellicotville and not contact him. If later, he finds out you were there and asks why you didn't, then you can tell him you didn't want to intrude.

Ellicotville sounds like the town I live in......Kelseyville, California though! Sound like a Mayberry town to you? Well, it is! Beautiful though!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BBD

My brother's out in the SanDiego area Dev~~I just love Calif.