Notices

Please suggest a free rehab!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please suggest a free rehab!!!

I'm 100% ready to go to a 6 month inpatient rehab wherever I need to go. I live in Northern KY and not many resources so I can travel to a place that will help with staying clean from drugs, alcohol, and hopefully my panic disorder. I posted last week about Peachford house in Atlanta but that is no longer an option, they are just a halfway house that I truly believe will just use me to make money and not help me so I need a real rehab.

I know entering a rehab with no money is not near the same as the ones that charge thousands but I know they are out there and people on this board have to be able to relate to me.

Please no one tell me just go anywhere because they are not all the same. I have mental disabilities that are actually stronger than my substance issues so if I go to a terrible place I could go into a seizure and I can't do that. I am gonna call a place in Indy tomorow that sounds great and isn't a halfway house but you can show up broke and get a job within 2 weeks to pay them $130 a week.......Please help with all your wise help. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am not sure exactly what it is your looking for. If money is an issue. Call social services and they can help you. There are alot of nice rahabs and treatment centers that encourage aftercare as in sober living houses that take medicaid.
I was a really nice one here in NY.
Thats all I know.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What was the rehab in NY called? As mentioned just looking for a good rehab that maybe other people have had success with. I'm well aware I'm not going anywhere like a beach resort but I do need to go somewhere with a good reputation..........
Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you've made a good decision.you also realize you have mental health issues.most people dont know the failure rate is high 4 those who treat one without the other.i too have depression and anxiety issues it was combined with a alcohol and cocaine addiction.today im drug and alcohol freeand its been since almost 16mos since i used.i had no money or anything when i got in treatment.you can go one or two routes...go to the mental health department and ask for emergency intake or go to the nearest emergency room and tell them you have substance abuse and mental health issues you have to tell them you're suicidal 4 them 2 immediately admit you but if you're using you are killing yourself slowly so youre not lying.they wsill acess you and place you somewhere for help.i wish you well and hope you stay on this new path and get some peace at last...natrually.goodluck you're not alone..things will get better!!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

The Salvation Army can hook you up with a free rehab in many cities.