I want to live healthily

Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to live healthily

Today I want to focus on the slogans, one day at a time and let go and let god. In my case, it ought to be one minute at a time. I have no idea if I am going to succeed or fail today, but I am going to try to be as faithful and gentle as I possible can be.

I did something I really didn't want to do because I was afraid of what would happen if I broke it off happen. My worst fears have come true, he is ignoring me. This guy is really special to me and I adore him, but I felt I had to break it off. Right now I feel like I need to let go and let god. Because if I don't the obsessive thinking about him and what he is doing and when he will contact me again are going to destroy me mentally, emotionally, and physically.

I hate rejection. I want him close, but I don't get to have that right now. I suppose the most loving and selfless thing I can do right now is give him space for a week or so. I am so bummed.

I want to live healthily, I really do. I love this program. Thank you for listening to my story.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Dolphy, thank you for sharing. I will pray for you to live healthy as well. It is hard to be healthy when we are in love with addicts... but by the grace of God, it isn't impossible! I hope you can keep yourself busy, maybe find someone in need and help someone else. That always helps me when I get those feelings you are describing. Take care, and peace to you.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dolphy I'm in the same boat. Breaking it off with my xabf. It's hard. sad, lonely....

I'm trying to remember, when one door closes another one opens. Be gentle on yourself. You know you're doing the right thing. If this were easy we wouldn't all be here on this board.