Sending Love to Mrs. Magoo

Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Sending Love to Mrs. Magoo

That is what I wish for you, Janet.

Over the past several months, Janet and I have become very close through emails and phone calls. She is always supportive of everyone in the forums here and truly cares about all of us even though her AH seems to almost be wanting to drag her down emotionally on his own downward spiral.

Not long ago, he wrecked her car, her means of transportation to work and what little her insurance company gave her to put towards a new car had to be used to keep a roof over her and her kids heads. Janet selflessly reaches out to those at her Church . . . she's one of those people who would give you the shirt off her back or her last dollar in her wallet.

A few days ago, she found out that one of her oldest and dearest friends who she lost touch with a few years ago died suddenly back in June. Naturally she is effected by this deeply, remembering all the things they did together as kids, their teenage, growing up years as well as sharing pregnancies together.

I started this thread in hopes that we could send some love and Prayers her way. She's such a special lady who could use some words of encouragement now. My wish for her is Peace & Serenity at this trying time in her life.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Janet,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Please know that I am here for you and sending prayers your way.

I love and miss you my friend,
Passion
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Janet)))

I'm sorry you're having a rough time...you've been through SOOO much.

But Judy is right...you are an awesome woman and have given so much to those of us here.

Sending you big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Mrs. Magoo)))
Sending out cyber hugs and prayers!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((HUGS))) hoping everything works out for you SOON!!!:ghug
Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Janet~It has to be so hard to know you have lost a friend that you've had since childhood. I can't imagine the pain that has caused. And dealing with addiction at the same time can only confuse your thoughts. I'm so sorry your hurting. Big hugs, Bonnie
Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh dear sweet ((((((Janet)))))) I am so terribly sorry for your loss. you are such a kind and caring friend and always think of others, even while you are suffering. If there is anything I can do to help you out, or if you just want to talk I will always be here for you. I am blessed that you are a part of this forum and you have given so much to us all. I am sending all my love and prayers to you!!! We all love you so much and we are here for you!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Serenity Queen.. how lovely for you to have done this for Janet. Grant it I don't know her like you do, but she has been very insightful, supportive and kind with my things.....

Thinking of you Janet.... I'm sorry for your loss.

xoxoxo
Old 08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Just wanting to get this back to the new posts page so we can keep sending the good thoughts Janet's way.

She is such a Blessing in my life . . . I can always count on her for a smile, an email hug, a phone call when I need one that most, a laugh in my INBOX or a touching story or phrase.

We all need people like Janet in our lives and she is one of the many Blessings I have received in my Recovery and through SR.

Happy Friday to Janet and to whoever may read this!

Love to all,
Judy
:ghug
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Janet, Sending prayers for peace in your life and better things to come your way soon. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ohhhh, there go the water works again but this time they are happy tears!!

Ya'll are too much!!! I know your plates are full yet you always take the time to lift someone up when they need it the most! I love that we can share our heartache and our victories here!

Judy, thank you for the thread and thank you, ALL of you, for taking the time to think about me and send out love.

My friend and I were almost the same age. She had been my best friend since 3rd grade up until about 2 years ago when we lost touch with each other. When I found on Wednesday that she had passed, it had already been two months since she died and that was devasting. I'm sure her family wondered where the hell I was. She died of a pulmanary embolism 5 minutes after getting to the ER, in the waiting room. It makes you realize how short life is and how every day when we wake up, we don't if today is the day we get called to heaven so we need to make every minute count.

Don't put off getting in touch with someone. Find the time and make the effort.

I sure do love you guys! I have been touched by each of you in very special ways.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( janet)))

Old friends have a special place in our hearts. I'm sorry for your loss and for your struggles lately.

Don't put off getting in touch with someone. Find the time and make the effort.
Amen sister. Amen
Old 08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

When my sister passed away in '91, her and I were just beginning to work through some serious issues between us. One of the hardest things for me to deal with after her death was wondering if she knew, no matter what had happened between us, that I loved her.

When my Dad was diagnosed with Cancer in June of '06, I always made sure to tell him I loved him before we hung up the phone or when I left his home. I spoke to him approximately 15 minutes before he fell back to sleep in his favorite chair at home and passed away in his sleep. The last words I said to my Father were, "I love you, Daddy." His last words that we believe he spoke was "I love you too, Pumpkin, and always remember how proud I am of you."

I've shared before with many of you that my Mom isn't in the best of health and is now in an Assisted Living Facility. She has always been a, well, how do I say this nicely . . . someone who knows what buttons to push and tests my patience, as well as everyone else's on a daily basis. Some days she calls me a dozen times in an afternoon alone, asking me the same question or getting all upset about something that I may consider silly. I always make it a point, no matter how frustrated I may be at her, to tell her I love her before we end our last phone call of the day with an I love you.

Kinda like the old expression, Never go to bed angry.

You never know if this may be the last time you speak to someone. None of us are guaranteed another tomorrow so tell the ones you love how much they mean to you and never put off that phone call, visit, email . . . you may not have the opportunity.

By all means I should not be alive today, I abused drugs and alcohol for so many years. God has Blessed me with a life where I no longer am dependent on drugs and alcohol, much less the chaos and danger that lifestyle entailed. I try to never take anything . . . or anyone for granted.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 08-15-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Janet)))

Glad to see you back!

I'm so sorry about your friend. I was blessed to be raised by parents who taught me to say "luv ya" before any of us walked out the door, hung up the phone, etc. Those were the last words we spoke before my mom died.

I've started it with my closest friends, too. You're right...we never know when we'll have a tomorrow..make the best of today.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-16-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i am so sorry about your friend. sending hugs & prayers up for you.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ya'll are wonderful!!

Thank you for your support and your stories. It's amazing to have such a wonderful group of friends available 24/7!!!

I hope each of you are having a great weekend. Before I sign off, I LOVE YOU!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Old 08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think that when our loved ones pass, they have a special insight into our reasonings and thoughts and feelings and why we did things the way we did at the times we did. Meaning, I believe that your friend knew EXACTLY how you felt about her, knew that you weren't at the funeral because you didn't know she'd passed, and also knew how hard this would be for you when you found out. And I believe she's with you right now.

So sorry for your loss.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Dancing Girl. I sure hope so. I should call her parents but I keep chickening out. I don't know how I can talk (via e-mail) to her kids but not call her parents. I guess cause we'll be able to hear the pain in each other's voices.