Notices

A little depressed

Old 08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy A little depressed

I have about 2 yrs clean and am recently married. Iam really struggling with a lot of issues. I have bad trust issues that have followed me from my past. Every relationship I was in when I was using I was cheated on or I cheated. No matter what my wife does, Iam always suspicious and it eats at me. I have a little ocd which makes things worse. I have an appointment with a shrink in a couple weeks but thats then and this is now. I have all these old feelings popping up, like just saying F**k it because that was my mentality when I was using. My emotions are controlling me and its literally making me crazy. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats on 2 years clean! Please do not just say "F it" after all that time....

Talking to the shrink will help you as I know when I sit down with my counselor I feel a lot better and I find myself being able to put myself back on the right track.

When we fall back into our old patterns IMHO there is something that currently is bothering us for one reason or another...maybe a trigger of some sort-try to find something productive to do like go for a walk breathe in the fresh air and nature, a bike ride, do something you like to do with your wife. This may distract your crazy thoughts for a bit until you can go to your appointment.

Hang in there keep posting here as well! "This too shall pass"
Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shorty,

Be proud of yourself for having two years clean. And, congratulations on your recent marriage! Those are both great things in your life.

I am so glad that you are seeking professional help and I understand that you have to wait a couple of weeks, but hopefully it will help.

Have you tried deep-breathing exercises or any kind of meditation. Both of those things will help to center you and to turn off your mind for a few minutes. Also, being aware that your feelings now, are a result of your past, is a big step. You don't need to act on those feelings. They are not you - they're just feelings.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yeah, I think most of us feel like saying "f*ck it" at times.

I usually realize it is my disease talking, and I say "f*ck you" back to it.

I know it isn't my thinking in my right mind, that's for sure.

Hope that helps.