What plans do you have?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What plans do you have?

To do something nice for yourself this weekend?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

On Sunday I will be sunning in the backyard and dunking myself about every 10 minutes in my swimming pool. Our average daytime temp has been around 107 degrees for the past week.

And that is actually considered "cool" in the Sonoran desert this time of year - honest! In the summers of '05 and '06 we were hitting 115-120 every day!

AND IT IS NOT DRY HEAT! IT'S HOT!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am taking my 3 kids to the cinema this afternoon after work and then we're going to our local Italian restaurant for pizza! Horseriding on Saturday and I am going to plan a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks and a long weekend safari mid-August. I am so enjoying the liberation of planning and doing things for myself! (and my kids...).
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hurt again

I am getting a much needed massage. It is the best $35 one can spend!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to 5 days with my sons gone. They are off Sat. morning to a wedding in Toronto and won't be back til Wed. evening. I love them dearly and love having them both with me but I sure will enjoy the time to myself too. I can cook all the food they don't like, do what I want without having to think about what they might be wanting to do. Freedom!

My dearest friend is also going to be childless after Sun. when her son goes off to camp for a week. So we 2 are going to do thing we don't do when the boys are around. I'm hoping to go out Sun. to some of the local second hand/antique stores and jsut have fun wandering through them looking for treasures. We plan on going out to dinner one night too.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got my hair colored and a pedicure last night, and spent some quality one-on-one time with my sister which we haven't done in ages! Saturday I have a 2nd date with a seemingly very nice man, and am looking forward to that very much.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I'm getting my hair cut tonight (have gone with the cropped in the back, longer in the front, every celebrity look lol)!! Then off to the beach cause as Prodigal said, it's about 100 here too for the next couple of days and it's so HUMID i'm about ready to pass out!!! :bounce
Old 07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm going thrift shopping by myself late this afternoon. Tomorrow morning hubby and I will go together to our respective meetings. After that hopefully we'll go to another thrift store/estate sales place to take some things of mine for sale and/or appraisal. I've decided not to keep anything that I don't need or that does not bring me joy.

It's mostly stuff I inherited from relatives awhile back and don't want other people's memories to take the place of my own. I'm making my home more about me. I've finally become ready to let go of this part of my/their past it feels great.

Sunday afternoon my kids will be over to help me celebrate my belated weekday birthday. We'll eat, watch dvds and have some cake.

I hope everyone has a great WE!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm barbecuing with friends, with everyone getting their own personal watermelon and squirt gun If anyone can think of more fun things to do at a party on a hot day when you don't have a pool, let me know.

P.S. these are all friends I've made since my recovery started; like all of us isolated by alcoholism, and as a major introvert, I had to work hard to rebuild a nice little circle of friends for myself when I left it all behind. I'm so grateful, all of a sudden.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Going to Louisiana Al-Anon State Convention in Lafayette, Louisiana with a big group from my f2f meeting.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
If anyone can think of more fun things to do at a party on a hot day when you don't have a pool, let me know.
water balloons or you could dig out the old Slip N' Slide!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Going on a Harley bike ride down to Wildwood (sitting on the back of course) :atv:
Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Positive people with lots going on, so good to see