Notices

Jersey Nonny adopt me please!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jersey Nonny adopt me please!

Hi Jersey Nonny. Would you please adopt me as your granddaughter or daughter I don't care which. I LOVE your posts and you are always right. How can someone always be right? I'm not kidding. I always find myself nodding my head in agreement and sometimes, most times, learn something from your posts. I am really glad you came back to SR because I never had the pleasure of knowing you before. I'm sure you know God has blessed us with you.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When I first noticed the title of your thread, I had to chuckle to myself. The idea that someone would actually want me to adopt them just tickled me.

How can someone always be right?
Of course, they can't, Horselover; and, my kids and grandkids would no doubt dispute that I am. But, I do appreciate the very nice things you had to say about my posts.

I would be honored to count you as one of my "surrogate children"...there are a few SR members I've been fortunate to develop a close relationship with. Actually, I consider myself very blessed to have found this site and all of you.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I could use that Jersey. Thank you so much! I'm quite a mess today and am not sure what's quite going on, but I'll make it. I'm 60 days today (I think). Not nearly close to your sobriety, but I'll take it. I would even take some of your wisdom and defenses in this crazy disease too. Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hope you're having a better day, HL. Yesterday didn't rank among my top 10 either...nowhere close.

Thank Goodness for the "One Day At a Time" concept! If we can just make it through today, we can look forward to a better tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Much, much better today!! I have a retired widow that lives behind us and she and I have become quite close. She's such a nice lady and she's willing to teach me some things such as, embroidery, dehydrating, pickling and all sorts of stuff. She's very creative and I get to learn all this for just running a few errands for her. Quite a deal. Yes Jersey I am so much better today thanks to you and people like my neighbor.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Check out the thread about Just another day at The Rock.

I've borrowed the DVD "Bucket List" and will watch it after lunch. My sister is paying a mercy call with a chopped liver sandwich on rye. Did I hear you say, "Yuch?"

She just dropped it off, and I just wanna say
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to break in on this thread - but I just had to.

JN - Let us know what you think of the Bucket List. IMO it is the best movie made in a really long time.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I did watch it this afternoon. I thought it was good...interesting concept...very well acted (and directed). Touching ending...had a bit of a cry. The nursing home had a bus trip to see it at a theater in January. One of my friends said not all of the residents enjoyed it...maybe it hit "too close to home"? Or, maybe they regret not having made a bucket list, and now they feel it's too late?

I guess, without realizing it, I made a bucket list of my own years ago: 1. to have children; 2. to get a college degree; 3. to make a trip to Europe. Since I accomplished all three, I guess I can die happy now.

What would be on your bucket list?