Notices

re: A Kennywood story

Old 07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

re: A Kennywood story

Hi all,

Just checking in on day 9?!?! I hope all are having a good sunday..I'm quite amazed really that I made it this far. Only by the grace of God I am sure.

I wanted to share with the board that yesterday I went to Kennywood amusement park for the first time in a few years. I took "the kid" my 12 y/o girl, was pretty excited, we left at 1pm & never came home until 12 midnight.

About half way through the day, the kid turned to me after the 3 or 4th ride on the thunderbolt, & said to me, "Mom you need a drink after this!" I was crushed.

It occured to me, that that was how she defined me, I haven't really expressed my feelings that my drinking might be a problem, but I guess she already knows......kids are great honest seers of us arn't they? The truth hurt...

I turned to her while we were zipping along & said I had had a drink since, july 4th, I was watching my girlish figure & making better coices. Then I left it alone. She just smiled the biggest smile. I'm not sure if that was the right thing, to say..but I didn't want to "dump" a bunch of emotions on her young head..so I left it alone. I have to change her vision of me, with time and committment.

But on a happier note! I talked my kid & her cousin, my neice into riding the SKY COASTER. Its great to have an extra 60 bucks in my pocket, that I would have spent at the booze store...so we purchased our tixs..and this is the VISA commercial we made up later!!! Normally, I dont' really encourage swearing..but at 180 ft and climbing..I figured she had a freebee!!!

Life takes Visa:

Kenny Wood park entrance tixs for you & your kid 64.00
Lunch at the 1898 Café 18.90
Sky Coaster Tixs 44.95

“ At 180 feet high above the amusement park, Hearing your kid scream Pull the F@#$$*%ing*!!! cord already!!! PRICELESS!!!!"

abcw:
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to here that you anf your daughter had such an awesome day.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your progress

Glad you had a happy sober day!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you all had a great time!! And you'll be able to remember all of it tomorrow, without regrets!! Ain't life grand?:ghug3