Pain and pleasure

Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pain and pleasure

Had the van towed today. Apparently, since both of our names are on the title, the only issue is one of possession. If she'd been there, she probably could have called the police and prevented me from having it towed, but she wasn't. Thing is at the dealership now, keys being reprogrammed. Will tell her tomorrow, probably not directly, I hate public scenes, and I'm pretty positive she's going to be extremely upset, I really don't believe she thought I'd actually follow through.

So this morning, before I called the tow company, I was thinking back to when she got the van, how thrilled she was, almost childlike. How happy that made me at the time. And how upset she's going to be when she finds out that she doesn't have the van anymore. Feel like ****, probably should get busy with moving again, I know the activity will take my mind off this stuff. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why feel badly for freeing yourself from something that has caused you pain? You are not responsible for her feelings. If she had been making car payments and taking care of her side of the street, this probably wouldn't be happening. It is HER consequence for bad behavior. Time to cut the strings.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When you have a big heart, these are the kinds of emotions we have to deal with. I know I have been walked all over because of MY big heart but only because i let it happen. Try and not think about "back when she got the van" because lots has changed since then. I have to make myself NOT think about "back then" because I realize this is not the same person I fell in love with.
You are right, getting busy with something will get your mind occupied. Have a good weekend and do something nice for YOU
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My favourite quote; If I wanted to wipe arses again I'd have another baby. Why should we want or need to pick up anothers mess?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Great stuff john! A big step forward in detaching from this person! Try to let the guilt feelings go, it does feel strange doing things that are healthy at first, just because we are so not used to it i think!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx