Checking in and update

Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in and update

Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while so I decided to read a few messages and drop a quick post.

My situation is moving along, ups and downs as I'm sure there are with any divorce. My STBXAW has moved to another state and last Saturday she picked up all of her belongings from our house - it didn't go well but it is in the past now.

We are working to negotiate the final settlement of our divorce. Her attorney sent a proposal that was ridiculous, to say the least. My attorney suggested we counter with - you get ZERO on the grounds of infidelity... sounds good to me.

Hopefully we are getting close to the end of this, at least to an agreement that can be finalized and bring things to an end.

Peace and blessings,

TD

PS-When I first starting posting on SR I noticed that many peoples' stories ended in separation, illness, divorce and sometimes death. I asked "Does anyone here every have a success story?" At the time, in my mind, a success story meant that the A got sober, everyone healed and you lived happily ever after. Funny how time can change what you consider a success story. With all the ups/downs, etc. I feel like I'm writing mine right now...
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi TD,
It's nice to hear from you and I'm glad things are moving along and you are feeling good about the future!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey TD,

Good to hear from you, and you sound pretty good, man! I just read on another thread that with separation from the insanity of addiction, it became much easier to find peace and serenity. For many of us, that was the answer in the end, huh? Celebrate yourself today, TD. Your wife may find recovery through all this without you to blame anymore, but that will be up to her. I hope you are continuing to work on yourself and the things that bring joy and grace into your life
Old 06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TDinATL View Post
Funny how time can change what you consider a success story. With all the ups/downs, etc. I feel like I'm writing mine right now...

Hey, TD, great to hear from you.
And this (above) was the story of my life, for real. I thought "success story" meant the same thing you used to. But I had no idea how the concept of success was about to change for me. It's great to hear you sounding so strong, even in the face of alcoholic craziness.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes indeed! You are a success story! It good to read and "hear" that you are doing well.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TD
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you are in a good place--mentally, emotionally. I hope you'll continue to stick around SR and share your story with others who need to hear how you survived.

gentle hugs