this was a good reminder for me....

Old 06-07-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this was a good reminder for me....

Many of us face seemingly insurmountable difficulties, perhaps because of our compulsion or simply through misfortune. Whatever the scale of our problems, "One day at a time" and "First things first" are keys to handling them.

Today, we can deal only with today's problems. One of today's problems, of course, may be worrying about the future. A good method of handling that problem is to turn concern about it over to our Higher Power.

But when we do have work that clearly should be done today, we must carry through with it. It's neither reasonable nor sensible to put off things that we can and should do today.

There are certain tasks and responsibilities that must be dealt with today. I will not put them off.

You are reading from the book:

Walk in Dry Places by Mel B.

Walk in Dry Places by Mel B. Copyright 1996 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved

This reading was a good reminder to me to try to stay focused just on today - just on this hour. What do I need to take care of me and my children? When I start thinking about the future all of my fears can come crashing down on me. I think that when that happens I am not giving my HP the opportunity to work in my life. My fears cause my knee jerk reactions and then I more than likely help to create that which I most fear. That which I resist persists.

If I remember to read my meditations and redirect my crazy thinking then I always do better.

Last edited by lightseeker; 06-07-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Thanks lightseeker.. I tend to do that all the time...putting things off. I know i need to change that about me.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

My fears cause my knee jerk reactions and then I more than likely help to create that which I most fear.
I too have found that getting myself back into today helps ease my worries of the future. When I can do that, the future becomes the present and is so much less scary than I thought. i really believe the more positive energy I project, the more positive outcomes in my life. One of the huge blessings in recovery.

Hugs Donna, Hope you and the kids are doing well. Thanks for posting this.