Notices

First day off Oxycontin

Old 06-02-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day off Oxycontin

its horrible, i was doing oxycontin everyday for over 3 months and i realized what i was doing to myself. Im only 18 years old and i got so much to look foreward to. and i cant be doing this to myself. im really sick and aggravated, and jittery. can anyone give me any advice to make it not as bad?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you are seeking help and that you know there is a better way to live. Good for you!

Have you talked to your dr? He can give you the best advice.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's gonna be hard going for a couple to a few days. Depends how much and how long you did, and on your individual physiology to say how long it will suck for. Lots of people on here did cold-turkey and made it. Lots of people on here (me included) couldn't hack the c.t. and went to an addictionologist and did a suboxyn taper. I'm on day 59 without pain pills and feel a lot better. And I'm almost done my suboxyn taper now. My doc says I'm doing great. Suboxyn is not for everyone. A lot of people on here will tell you it's cheating in some way, but I don't care because it is what worked for me. If you feel really bad tonight, then get yourself to the ER, where they'll give you something for the dehydration and twitchies. And get yourself to an NA meeting where you can get some live support. NA saved me. Let us know how you get on.
kj
Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well i have talked to a doctor while i was doing them i was doing them everyday, all day for over 3 months. He perscribed me to klonopin for my nerves. Im feeling really sick and i feel like i have the flu, like im puking and stuff. Ive been through rehab when i was 16 years old for percocet, and i dont want to go back to rehab. i was clean for 2 years. then i relapsed in march. And i realized that i want to be sober and live a normal life. its too expensive and its also affecting my job and my family. So i decided it was my time to stop and im happy for myself and so are my friends. Thank you for the support.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Luving Life to the Fullest!

Thumbs up I feel your pain

I started off taking darvocet then went to lortabs then to percocet then to the all mighty methadone. I did methadone for 2 1/2 years. I even did it while I was pregnant. My son came out fine with no withdrawals or birth defects but I still hate myself for doing it. But anyway, I blew so much money when I was on methadone because I would have to buy them at $20 a wafer then I would go shopping. I quit on September 18, 2007 cold turkey. I went through pure heck for 3 weeks and it didn't fully get out of my system for about 4 months. It messed me up pretty bad mentally, physically, and emotionally. I turned pure evil after that. I'm mean very very evil. To the point that I wished I was the only one on earth; that everyone would just leave me alone and let me die. I was in outpatient rehab by Oct.16 2007 and this guy in my class told me about suboxone. My husband waited until I did something very unfaithful to even think about taking me to a suboxone doctor. I went on a Thursday and got a presciption filled around lunch and by that afternoon I could tell a big difference in myself. I still have cravings and sometimes they're really bad and my husband holds my suboxone because I still think a pill with solve everything. I'll be praying for you. You will get better; it just takes time. Let me know if I can help in any way. I really need someone to talk to. We can talk about our cravings on bad days and how our good days go. Talk to you soon....bye
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

My own suggestion is to start a 12 Step program immediately.

Discover the joys of a recovery lifestyle.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you everyone for being there. its only been 3 days, its also been hell. but i also feel myself getting better already.=]
Old 06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good to hear you are doing okay.

Please stop by often and let us know how you are doing.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I cant imagine being on then for 12 years and then just stopping. I was only on them for 3 months and then i quit cold turkey. My dr prescribed me klonopin for my nerves and to help me sleep. i havent slept in 4 days. the klonopin are working for my anxiety though. i thank you for your opinion. I just didnt like going through detox. ill talk to my dr about suboxon
Old 06-05-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Exclamation Taking Suboxone

I wanted to tell you that only certain dr's prescribe suboxone. I can send you a private message and tell you the name of the doctor that I use. It really works. I'm living proof. I'm not going to lie to you; you still have cravings sometimes but this pill does help a lot. Talk to ya later.....Good luck! :ghug3
Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope your doing much better today.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks everyone for the support. i get alot of support from my family but it isnt the same because they dont know what im going through. Im on day 5 the craving arent as bad, but im still feeling sick, body pain, and no sleep. but im on my way to feeling normal again...=]
Old 06-14-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't worry! It gets a little easier but I still have cravings. Sometimes really bad. Like today; the craving was so bad that it felt like I was going through withdrawals again and I'm out of suboxone and I don't go back to him until this Tuesday.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i know this is an old post, but how are u doing? im on day four of withdrawals , the cold sweats are diarhea is bad but im getting thru it. im in the same excact place as you were. im 20 years old and was addicted and taking 6 40mg oxycontins a day. i stopped cold turkey. no suboxone, no medical help and i dont want to tell my boyfriend or family so i wont be looked at differently. i hope all goes well for you