kicked him out again

Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kicked him out again

so he does heroin in my bathroon and i tell him to leave... he wouldn't, so i called the cops... the cops said there is nothing they can do. even though it is my apartment, and he pays no rent... my dad is a cop and i told them that asking him they could please just help me get him out... i cant see him high.... they come up.... he leaves, telling me everyname in the book.... now i am abusive and he says he is sick of my abuse. he tells me that i am stupid because i called the cops to arrest him and they didn't.... i didn't want to have him arrested and i just wanted him out.... i even took his drugs and flushed them down the toilet so he would not get arrested.... now i am a c**t because i tried to put him in jail... i am abusive and i don't love him... now he is homeless because of me and it is all my fault.... oh yeah, you know i don't buy any of this bs he tells me.... but it hurts just the same.

i am at work and i can't do this... i want to go home and cry.... i am so upset right now....
Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((little))))))
I feel your pain and I am so sorry that you are going through this. I don't have much to offer as I am going through a situation myself and I am still in the learning phase here as well ... I do believe that you did the right thing and the position he put you in was unfair and you had to do what you felt was right .... I commend you for your strength in doing that ... I know how hard it is to try to focus on work when all this is going on around you as I struggle with that as well, and find myself making mistakes along the way. But each day is getting easier. I find that coming here to this wonderful family helps me get through mush easier.

I wish you lots of luck and tons and tons of prayers for you to get through this.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you girl! I can't imagine how hard that was or how frustrated you must have been. Someone once said you can detach with love. I think what you did is example of that because you drew your line in the sand (do go and move it now) and you saved him from arrest (though that may be exactly what he needed).

Please do not beat yourself up. He is sick. You know it and believe it or not, he knows it too. Hopefully and eventually, he will get the help he needs to defeat the monster that calls his name and insists on being his best friend.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

that hurt will go away, your reaction to the situation was absolutely marvelous!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are hurting so much, but be proud of your decision. You did a great job of taking care of you and not enabling him. Focus on work right now and breathe. We are here for you and even better you are there for you!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is awesome that you called the cops. You're sending him a message that you aren't going to tolerate this. He's just upset because he was caught.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay true to the boundaries you set.

If you do not have peace about a situation which involves him, that is your "moral compass" trying to point you in a different direction where you do have peace.

Put your foot down, and do not pick it up.

Do I sound like a fortune cookie?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think you did great, Littlebird. Give yourself a hug from me
Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Giving people everything they want and making their life comfy & cozy isn't helping anyone. Nobody changes because life is easy and when there's no push to hurry them along. Kudos to you - even though it's hard to call the police on your family (been there - done that) in the end it's a good feeling to make a step forward for yourself.