him and party

Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesa

him and party

he came home said wed some people he works having a party...now there a prob..he said some of those do drugs and some there go out on there wife's..those he works with...as you all know he a crack user..he has 15 mos clean told him he should not go put himself in that situation....he should not matter what they think of him..well he says he going...now he wants to take my car...what should i do
Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lesa

Iam so scared ,,doyou know what going thru my head right now....my car will be sold and tons of things
Old 05-10-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Don't let him take your car! If he is insistant on going anyway--no matter what you try to tell him....let him find his own way there.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Car or no car, he's going to that party for a reason. The question is, can you live with the fallout of his choice to do so? As we all know, there's no such thing as one party, one drink, or one drug. In terms of addiction, nothing comes alone.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I dont know lesa.. sounds kinda crazy him going to this party but he does have 15 months clean and just maybe that clean time could keep him straight for this party.

Pray that it does!!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by ANGELINA243 View Post
Don't let him take your car! If he is insistant on going anyway--no matter what you try to tell him....let him find his own way there.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Lesa,
He is going to do whatever he's going to do, no matter what you say or do, but I hope that you didn't let him use your car. It does sound like you already know what all could happen if you did. I also do know how hard it is to stand up to them when they're manipulating. Hang in there and just do what's best for you. What he does or does not do, is out of your hands. Take care of you. Get busy living your life and making the choices that are best for you. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lesa

I hope he didn't take your car!

I agree with Nina Kay....he's going to do what he's going to do! Only he can keep himself on the straight and narrow.

Keep the faith!

Hugs,Devastated
Old 05-11-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Lesa)))

Awww, sweetie, I'm guessing he took your car.

Please try to get to some meetings and find a better path for yourself...with him or without him.

Sending big hugs because I know how scary this is for you.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well your post suggests that this is not until this coming Wednesday.

If that is the case, I would say NO and then make dang sure that I had things to do and appointments to keep that I needed the car for an Alanon or Naranon meeting or(even if it was to get my hair and nails done) until later in the evening.

If in fact it is your car, in your name, with insurance on it, then you have every right to say NO. Does he even have a license?

If it were me, I would say NO.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

If he wants to go .. let him find his own way there. One less worry for you.

Just my 2 cents,
Passion
Old 05-11-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

ditto Ditto Ditto,

Of course, he will be angry though. He'll say you don't trust him, support him, understand him, etc., etc., etc.,
but if you have a bad/uncomfortable feeling about it, even though he is being up front about it; Listen to that voice.
Letting him make his own decision about it, is a good choice, although a very hard one, but you are NOT required to help. Getting him closer to drugs is not your job any more than keeping him away. Keep focusing on taking care of you this week.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If he's set on going there's not much you can do but no way should he get your car....my response to the request would be "No" ( and remember NO is a complete sentence)

Hanging out with that crowd and going to that party doesn't bode well for his recovery but again, not much you can do about it....

there's an AA saying "if you hang out in barber shops long enough eventually you'll get a haircut..." maybe not this party or this time but sooner or later things happen...

I hope he uses his tools and makes better decisions re: people and places

sending prayers that this passes without incident
hoping you can keep the focus on yourself