hi everyone!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

hi everyone!

Well, it's been just about a year since XAF and I broke up - had a few slips (seeing him, etc) through the fall but I did not go back and severed all contact in January. Being the anniversary of our break up - he called me last week and again today. Turns out he flipped a "friend's" car last weekend (mind you he has a suspended license due to multiple DUIS). Yup. Still doing the same old thing. Do I still love him? Yes. Am I still stupidly hoping and wishing he would get sober so we can live happily ever after? NO. It ain't happenin...at least not anytime soon. I KNOW that I am better off alone than with him if he is still drinking - he asked me to meet him for dinner, etc (ahem) one weekend soon and I told him no, without any hesitation. Because in the end it is not good for ME. Hearing his voice didn't send me into a tailspin either...(thank GOD!!!).

I guess the whole point of this post is to give you all an update and to hopefully offer some ESH with others here.

If you are leaving or have left your A, I know how hard it is, but know this - IT DOES GET BETTER WITH TIME. I do not regret leaving and cutting off contact (don't plan to talk to him again after today either). I still love him and miss him but I don't miss all of the stress and uncertainty that comes from being involved with an active alcoholic.

On a funny side note, someone said here that it is very hard to lose an alcoholic, even if you want to...how true. HA

Wishing you all love, peace, and a glorious spring!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi, it's nice to hear from you. Thanks for the update and sharing your ESH. I hope to see you around the forums!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Thanks for your post!! I really needed to hear this tonight. I just moved into my new place a few days ago and haven't seen xabf for almost three weeks. It's been really hard, but hearing your story brings lots of hope.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

good to see your posts again!

It's been a over a year since XABF and I last spoke and I agree 100% it's hard to lose the A. Thankfully mine didn't use our anniversary as an excuse to try to contact me!

You sound great - it's nice to NOT have the daily drama - ya know?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Kglast Great news for you! You are sounding terrific! Keep posting! It will get better.....a few slips are we ok! The chaos is so nice to have in our lives!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back! I love to hear from old friends, especially when they can share a good and happy update on their lives.

It sounds like you are doing well in your recovery. It's sad about the XABF, but apparently he needs to do a bit more research before he makse some positive changes in his life.

Hugs
Cats