Notices

finally came clean

Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally came clean

Well I finally came clean to my mother about my drinking. She is coming over and hopefully I will be able to get the help that I desperately need.

I just feel so ashamed.:praying
Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jess - my thoughts will be with you today! My mother was a great support to me in my early sobriety, and still is.

The shame will fade - we are sick people who need help and love. Mom's are often a good "on hand" resource for that.

Hope she gets there soon and gives you big hugs!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. Damn this is really difficult
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am glad you told your Mother. Remember that this is not a moral issue. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My mom has been supportive of my sobriety, even tho she doesn't understand addiction at all, never having had any problems with it.

I'm glad your mother is being helpful to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:ghug3:praying
Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Jes glad to hear you came clean, the truth will set you free. There is no need to be ashamed of being an alcoholic, it is a disease that no one asked to have. Being an alcoholic myself I know that if it was a simple matter of deciding I just won't drink anymore, then there would be no reason for SR or any of the many detox centers, rehabs, and recovery programs out there.

You have taken the most important step one can in recovery, admitting you have a problem and need help to resolve it. Now it is a matter of being willing to take the actions needed to recover.

It is very hard to reach out for help, but that is the beginning, many of us go to our graves from this disease because our pride keeps us from asking for help.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

feels good though doesn't it....

A recent post on my "I am a failure and suck at life" thread talked about being honest with yourself....man these last 2-3 years I have lived a lie to everyone i know save for a few other addicts who are there riding along with me
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Jess! Good for you!

I can so identify with the shame feeling. I tend to think of my shame as a big heavy winter coat that I wear all the time. I wear it everywhere, no matter what the circumstances.
Until I shared it with someone and they told me it was ok to take my coat off for awhile.
Just for awhile, until I got a little better, a little stronger...and I was better equiped to deal with the feelings of shame and where they were coming from.

Take your coat off and stay awhile, k? :ghug2
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Prayers to you Jes!

This will turn into a good thing! When we speak the truth it allows us to keep moving forward in the direction we need to be going. I'm sure that it feels good getting that out-Lots of support to you!