Never going back.......

Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Never going back.......

and finally feel like i recieved my closure today.

Most of you all know my story about the exabf and I breaking up after 4 yrs, well these past 2 months have been hard on me and i find myself missing the good times and wishing this all would not have happened. Today though I finally saw for the first time the real person that I was involved with and dealing with for the past 4 yrs. Someone that is so caught up in the addiction of alcoholism that they lose all respect for everyone around them b/c the bottle and themselves are the only thing that matters to them.

I had mentioned before that he had owed me money(about 40.00) for a cleaning bill from our last apartment and most told me to just forget about the money and move on but I had forgotten that he still owed me $200.00 for the washer and dryer that I had to sell to him b/c my new place does not have hookups. So he told me that he was going to pay me the 40.00 about a month ago....several times....and I never recieved the money. So I have been a little worried that if he can not get me the 40.00 will I ever see the $ 200.00?? The $ 200.00 may seem like nothing to most of you but to me...having very little money...it would help out a lot right now and I really don't want to have any more contact with him and have to be calling him 3 months down the road to ask him where the money is.

I need to move on with my life and I need to get this all worked out and so I called him again.....he called me back but I could not talk at the time and asked him to call me that night. Well never heard from him so I have been calling his phone about once a day for the past 4 days. Why can't he just call me back and talk with me about this so that I can have no ties to him at all? I don't understand.

So being a little frustrated I called his phone from my work phone this morning hoping he would answer so that we could get this worked out. He answered and we talked and i asked him why he just can't return my phone calls and his response was that he was just too busy lately and has not had time. He sounded mad so I asked him why he was mad at me and he said that it is b/c I won;t stop calling him about this money....and the reason he has not called me is because I do it to myself(blaming me). I asked him why he could not have just taken a few minutes out of his day to return my call and be a good person and get this worked out. His response was well maybe I am just not a good person. I was like well a month ago you were acting all concerned and telling me you were going to pay me and you were being a good person.....and he hangs up on me....WoW.....what a selfish person.
Did not want our last conversation to be like this but that is fine....it is over.

So I was upset at first but Now I am ok. I have realized that I do not want someone in my life that is going to treat me like I am nothing. I was there for that boy through thick and thin for 4 yrs and this is how he is going to treat me. My phone messages were never rude....they were actually very nice and somehow he turns this all on me for the reason he has not sent me the money he owes me because I called too much.

Sorry this is so long....just had to get this out. I just am not the type of person that likes to have enemys out there. Why can't he see that the reason I am calling is because he has been disrespectful and has not been mature about all of this. I am so done with all of it. I want someone in my life who is going to think of the other person and not be so harsh. I don't know if he is being this way because I want it to be over(he wants to be friends and talk from time to time). I can't do this....in order for me to move on I need no ties to him. Anyway just wanted to share the fact that I recieved my closure....I am going to give him a chance to get me the money but If he does not I am showing up on his front porch and getting my washer and dryer!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Designer.......why don't we have a fundraiser for you? If we could get everyone to send you whatever they could spare.........then you would not have to worry about the $200!

Sorry he was so rude and hung up on you....you certainly don't deserve to be treated that way.

Please don't give him the opportunity to do this to you again, okay?

Take care and I'm sending happy thoughts your way.......

Shivaya
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had recently been unfairly retrenched, I could have fought and probably gotten 6 or more months of (good and needed) salary. Besides having lost my job (and strangely enough my other business the same day), I also had to face unfair treatment and my expectations of primary values (honesty, trust etc.) have been more than deceived.
I decided to walk away as I believed it is not worth my emotional suffering and I rather use all my energy to build up something new. I am happy I did though financially I am not yet convinced that I can make it....