treatment etc

Old 06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

treatment etc

Hi Debbie
we've been through the mill. half way houses, etc. rehab in another county. also when we lived out of NY state there was trouble. he says that my son was the trouble, well, he has his own place now. so what can be troubleing him so. is he looking for a reason to drink and finds something or someone to blame it on so he has a reason to want to drink? sorry if I sound confusing which I probably am, even to myself. there is so much bottled up inside, but Imtrying. and yes, I will try and go do something for myslef. you do the same, have a good even and May God Bless
huggs
rubyshoes
Old 06-26-2003, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rubyshoes - and welcome! I like your user name! Unfortunately, no-one here can explain why your husband drinks, but it sounds like you are having a hard time with it. Have you tried going to an Al-Anon meeting? The meetings can be a really great source of support when you are living with an active alcoholic. If you look at the top of this forum, you will see the Al-Anon Power Posts - there is a lot of good reading there which is very helpful for newcomers. It will really help you if you can learn to take your focus off your husband's drinking and put that energy into making your life more live-able and enjoyable.

Be good to yourself, Rubyshoes, and keep coming back here and posting, okay?

Love and hugs.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Re: treatment etc

Originally posted by rubyshoes
...is he looking for a reason to drink and finds something or someone to blame it on so he has a reason to want to drink? ...
Hi Ruby Shoes

I think you probably hit the nail on the head with that statement. They will look for any reason to drink if they are not ready to stop. There really isn't a whole lot you can do about it though, I am sorry to say.

I agree with Margo though, take your focus of him and put it on yourself. Hopefully if you do that it will bring you a bit of peace.

I am glad you are going to do something nice for you. I will be looking today just to see what you did

Many hugs,
Debbie