Coincidence?

Old 06-26-2003, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coincidence?

Lately I've been thinking about whether or not to discuss his alcoholism with someone in his family or not. I don't see them very much and it's not usually brought up and I have no clue who to talk too. I'm pretty sure he is having money and health problems. I don't want to talk to his elderly mother about it, she's dealt with it enough with his Dad, I've also spoken with his sister about it but she's currently out of the country so that won't work. Anyway I discussed this with someone yesterday and she mentioned that the right time will come with the right person. So today the doorbell rang and there was his brother from out of town and he asked me how his brother was doing with his drinking. We had a good but short discussion about it, then my spouse came home so unfortunately we couldn't talk more but his brother is really concerned and I didn't even know it! Has anyone else had something like that happen? I believe things must happen for a reason.
Summer
Old 06-27-2003, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Summer

I also believe that things happen for a reason. Sometimes I can't figure out why, but there is a reason for everything in the big scheme of things

I guess it was ready to happen

Sounds like you felt a bit better after talking to your brother in law, and that is good.

I hope things work out.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 06-27-2003, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

friends and family know

I didnt realize that my bf had a problem till 2months after dating. I noticed one day we went out to a club and his behavior was not normal. He just wouldnt stop drinking. He acted like my ex who was an A. But ex was abusive verbally and almost hit me. I just stopped loving him and i needed to get out of the situation. well back to my bf. all night i was thinking does anyone know about this ,his parents, friends -they had too. But i didnt want to say anything. the next night we went out again and his friend came up and asked ..how is he doing on his drinking, at first i just stood their and then i said well he drank about 3 beers and he shaked his head. Then i knew he diffinitly has a problem. The week later his parents came up to me and told me, that they appreciate everything your doing to keep him away from the drink. We all want him to go to AA, and he realizes that he has a problem. WE just dont know what to do next. There is a reason why we are together. I know i became a better person with him, i didnt like myself before i meet him. I was so angry and bitter toward my relationships because of my ex. I didnt feel good about myself anymore. It just traumatized me for awhile. I lost my baby and I felt so sick of myself. And my bf changed all that even though he is an alcoholic. He has told me that he is a better person too. He looks at his drinking differently. Realizes its not good to go on his binges. I dont want things to get worse. I dont want him to end up like my ex and hating the world and abusing me any kind of way.