Notices

Miracles are REALLY happening to me!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Miracles are REALLY happening to me!

Without going into detail.....I really believe miracles are happening in my life.
The 'old me' woulda scoffed at that for many reasons, one being...it must be too early in my sobriety for a miracle to happen.
BUT.....I can honestly say that without a doubt, I 100% believe that I experienced a miracle this morning.
I have been doing so much work on my recovery. So much that I am actually going to take a break from it today....not internally, just from the actual 'studying' and 'work' that I've been doing. Of coarse I'll continue to mull over the things I'm learning, reflect and meditate on them today. But today I feel as though I just need to 'be'. And it's feeling GREAT.
I can't believe 'recovery' actually had the answer all along.....WHY didn't I do this earlier...years and years and years ago! I said 'no way' to it so many times....guess where that got me? Yip...right back in the bottle.
Anyways, point is....I'm feeling so positive and motivated and more interested in recovery than I ever dreamed I'd be.
I've been waiting for my pink cloud, but ya know what, this feels a bit better. I've been on the pink cloud a few times before, and when it dissipated, I feel hard. But this feels better, it feels like I actually deserve to feel like this, as though I worked for it. I earned it. It doesn't feel as euphoric as the pink clouds of the past have, but it feels stronger and more secure.
Ok, going to make myself the biggest sandwich you've ever seen! Now that the flu is gone, I'm not going to stop eating all day!
Hope you're all enjoying your day/night.
Tay.

SIDENOTE: I certainly don't mean to put down pink clouds! If you're on one, awesome! Really.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

I love that 'just being'. it's the moon on a lake, it's the sun in your face, it's walking in the rain...

Great news, tay-lyn... great news. Enjoy it!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oh Tay, I'm SO happy for you! You really do deserve it!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I think you have worked for it and most definately desreve it.
Great job!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your threads are so inspirational Tay-lyn, they make me want to work harder on my sobriety as well. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your day Tay and eat lots!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Another Little Miracle....

I wasn't going to post the following, I thought it may be inappropriate as it wasn't exactly 'recovery related'. But then I thought....if it makes someone smile, why not?

After feeding the baby it was her nap time. I usually put her down while she is still awake....but today I couldn't resist. The fire was going and I was sitting in front of a big window watching the snow fall. I held my little angel in my arms while she fell asleep. As she snuggled up into me, her chubby cheeks resting on my neck, I could smell her sweet baby smell and I could feel her heart beating against mine. Her tiny fingers wrapped tightly around my thumb. It felt like nothing else on earth. I don't ever remember 'being in the moment' like that. It was completely overwhelming. One of the best moments of my life so far.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Isn't it great?! I dont have any kids. But I think of my little cousins as my own and they never cease to amaze me with every little thing they do and say. Children are a very special presense in the world. They remind me everyday of the simple most wonderful things life has to offer.
I love it Tay....Enjoy the moments.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, Tay. Thanks for sharing. That description of your time with your baby is very powerful...and that IS what recovery is all about...reconnecting with the life around you! Thanks again.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
where the light is

Originally Posted by tay-lyn View Post
I wasn't going to post the following, I thought it may be inappropriate as it wasn't exactly 'recovery related'. But then I thought....if it makes someone smile, why not?

After feeding the baby it was her nap time. I usually put her down while she is still awake....but today I couldn't resist. The fire was going and I was sitting in front of a big window watching the snow fall. I held my little angel in my arms while she fell asleep. As she snuggled up into me, her chubby cheeks resting on my neck, I could smell her sweet baby smell and I could feel her heart beating against mine. Her tiny fingers wrapped tightly around my thumb. It felt like nothing else on earth. I don't ever remember 'being in the moment' like that. It was completely overwhelming. One of the best moments of my life so far.
Hi Tay,

I love your post. To me, this is absolutely recovery related in many ways. You have the clarity of mind to experience the real beauty of life - a reward. Your little angel gives you strength to stay sober & keep working hard. For me, my children symbolize my Higher Power - their innocence, laughter, love, spirit.

I have to share my own little story from last night. I was watching TV and my little boy & little girl came into the room & started dancing around me (in their underwear ) 'playing' instruments they made themselves (maracas & a clicker thingy). They were just beaming with pride. I couldn't help but laugh with them, so proud of them - my children are the true gifts in my life.

The miracles are everywhere!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not recovery related?

Tay that is perhaps the most recovery related vignette I've ever read. Brought me back 20+ years. To a place and time that could be 20 minutes ago, it is so fresh in my mind.

The signs of recovery in your description literally SCREAM, although the moment one of quiet and serenity.

I am SO glad for your share. Besides a sign of your growth, it has allowed some of us to revel in our own recovery. Because only those actively recovering could be so affected (as I was ) by such a simple moment.

My babies' smell and their naked bodies on my chest, exchanging heartbeats, are probably the defining moments in my life. Thank you for bringing me back there. I needed that.

warrens
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

glad all is well & happy. little miracles happen everyday, sometimes we just don't take the time to notice them & sometimes it can be difficult to notice as we become involved with routines. god's work is crafty.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((((((((Tay))))))))))))
Old 03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Kev))))))))))))))
Old 03-08-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! It does feel great, don't it??