No contact for 7 days!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No contact for 7 days!!!

As far as I know my 19 year old AD is still going...After the whole key situation, I have not spoken to Lauren since and last Monday was her birthday and she texted to ask if we were going out to eat, I texted back no and that was it. I do feel guilty for not telling her Happy Birthday but it just seems like with her giving the house key to a drug dealer just pushed me over the edge with her!! This morning I was getting ready for work and realized that she had my hair straightner, I was on the phone to some girl that is at the meth house too but she did not answer and I left an ugly messege!! I was like this is all my stuff and she does not desreve any of it!! But I have calmed down since then and realized how silly I was being!!! I also found out that she went to the emergency room one morning last week she had gotten something called liquid fire on her hand and that to made me sick!! And I do realize that Lauren is sick!! I truly just wish I could cure her but I know I can't!! So I will just keep praying!!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All you can do that and not take on HER problems good luck
Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found out that my AD spent 4 days in the hospital for bronchitis caused from her asthma not being under control. She did not call me because she was afraid that I would contact the hospital and let them know that she is a heroin addict. The doctors probably already knew something was wrong, but I also think that her abf was sneaking drugs into her room and she did not want mommy to upset that perfect arrangement. Talking to an addict is like running around in circles and they always find a way to put the focus back on you so that they don't have to acknowledge their own problems. It is probably better that Lauren is not communicating with you. That way you don't have to try to figure out what are lies, what is the truth and what are the rantings of a drug addict with holes for brains. (sorry I am not trying to be mean, just realistic.) Hugs, Marle
Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Praying helps...Imaging placing my child into the loving arms of that power greater than me and seeing in my mind how that looked...to be surrounded and protected by such love, really was comforting for me and helped me to let go of the anger, torment and frustration.
You and Lauren are in my prayers daily. Hugs
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your daughter, Obsessed.....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go buy another curling iron...I know how it pisses you off though--time after time I 've done the same thing. I'm learning now to go buy another and learn from that mistake. Birthday's are hard, last year Kasey was MIA again. I had cake and remembered her birthday (like I could forget it!) I asked her during rehab last summer if she had a good birthday, she said no, she didn't realize it. 7 Drugs suck and addicition sucks. Sorry you have to have it in your life.
from another mom, :praying
susan
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am praying for your daughter and you!! Remember her actions are due to her addiction...That's not really your daughter. I had to do the same thing with my son. He is in rehab right now...Through pray, he came to me one day and said mom I need help. I knew he did, but it had to be his choice. He has been clean for 3 months now...I am so proud of him...Prayer does work sweetie.
Lots of Hugs and Prayers,
Machele