Notices

Trazodone

Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
invisible7

Trazodone

Has anyone taken Trazodone and does it help you sleep and is it addicting? For anyone considering taking Lunesta for sleep it is a horrible drug that doesn't work.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

invisible, I have very little personal experience with Trazadone. I do know that is an anti-depressant used very often for insomnia. I don't believe it is addicting but you should ask your doctor.

I take Lunesta sometimes. I've not had any bad experiences with it. What problems are you having with it?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
invisible7

The main problem with lunesta for me is that it doesn't work and it leaves me with a hangover feeling. I had to double the dose just to get a couple hours of sleep. I can't sleep at all now without some type of sleeping pill because I took Lorazepam for a year and 1/2 and got dependent on that for sleep.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

That stinks.

I've been on Lunesta, Ambien, Rozeram, Klonopin ...... I think that's it. They've all stopped working for me. Both the lunesta and ambien worked for quite some time for me but eventually just quit. It's very frustrating I know. I just really don't sleep much anymore.

You probably know this but you shouldn't double your dose of anything unless your doctor prescribes it. I'm not saying I'm perfect ....... in fact I'm guilty of it on the Lunesta too. I just recently told my pdoc about it and she said "Don't do that!".
Old 02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Invisible, I have been taking Trasadone for years now because I have a sleep disorder because of my fibro. No problems, not addictive...and I get a good nights sleep and I'm not spacey in the morning...
grateful
Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was prescribed 50mg for help with anxiety and sleep. I still get breakthrough anxiety during the day but I sleep well at night. It is an antidepressant at higher levels but used for sleep problems at the lower levels. Hope that helps. Marle
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

i hate anxiety
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was prescribed some for sleep. I took it one time, hated it, and never took it again. The entire tri-cyclic antidepressant class scares me. I didn't like how it made me feel. I'm not even sure if it put me to sleep. I might throw my bottle away.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Life!

I took trazadone and had a very good experience with it before. It didn't *put* me to sleep, it *let* me get to sleep. And if I woke during the night, I was able to get back to sleep too. The trick to not getting a "sleep hangover" is to take it 10 hours before you want to wake up.

I also took lunesta one time. I'll never touch it again. Horrible for me. Nasty hangover that lasted all day. I was worthless after taking it.

Good luck to you.

Shalom!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My husband takes it for sleep because of anxiety, and marle and history teach described it best.

Why don't you ask your doctor how he/she feels about it for sleep?