Notices

I can't believe I started drinking again..

Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't believe I started drinking again..

Uggh..
I haven't posted for so long. That's because I've been drinking for a 100 days. When I started posting on this website I actually made it (with the help of the SR community) for 100 days. I was so confident that I was done. I'm disappointed in myself. I feel terrible. I feel like a fireman. 100 days off, 100 days on.

I'm posting because I want to quit.. again. This is the only place I have to go for support. ( I don't do AA so please don't try and talk me into it. I know many of you say its the only way, but I'm not going to do it.)

I'm going to try again this week. Gotta go and change my sober date now.. bummer. Sorry if I disappointed.

I'll go into the reasoning behind starting again later, but thought I would at least post this to get me motivated to stop.

I feel bad posting because so many of you were so kind and I didn't stick to my commitment.

Sorry.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

G'day mate, I wasn't here when you first got sober (I'm 51 days myself), but I'd like to say -

Glad you made it back, welcome again, and keep it happening. You got 100 days up, so you know what the deal is, it's good to have you here.

ndz
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are back!
You can do it again!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back - you have been missed. I had several false starts myself, so don't be too hard on yourself - you're certainly not alone.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome back! Glad you are here! Have you tried any other programs (besides AA) or the SR community? There are many recovery programs out there to choose from. Some might help--just curious?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

guywithpie, glad to see you back. it's a tough disease. but recovery is possible.

keep reaching out, k
Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ANGELINA243 View Post
Welcome back! Glad you are here! Have you tried any other programs (besides AA) or the SR community? There are many recovery programs out there to choose from. Some might help--just curious?
I haven't tried any other organizations or methods. In my mind I made it for a considerable amount of time so I know I have it in me. Cold turkey is the only way for me.

Just posting this message 10 minutes ago makes me feel better. It's good to be back. I'm going to start tomorrow. Today is already shot.. (no pun intended).
Old 02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

don't stop - go go go do it again

Glad your back. If you are reading this you can quit, cause your here. Right?
I failed to quit smoking at least 10 times. Never realized how hard it is to quit drinking until right now.

"I always need this day would come. I just didn't know it would be today"
17th century Japanese poem
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey GWP
wondered where you went...

ok...we all stuff up...we're human.

I don't feel let down, I just feel sad you feel you let anyone down. It's not necessary. We all understand. It's great you're back tho...

yeah, it's hard to change your life, especially when alcohols everywhere...and we're all pretty good at finding reasons to drink LOL

but it can be done...and AA's great but it's not the only way...you just got to get to the point of realising that you can't drink anymore, GWP.

However you get there is up to you

welcome back
D
Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi GWP....I do remember you. I am glad your back. Please keep posting and reacing out. We are here for you.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and trying again.

You know guywithpie, you said that you thought after 100 days sober, that you were done. But, we are never done with recovery. It's part of everyday life.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad your back. I'd wondered how you were.

I've just come back too-I relapsed over Christmas-couldn't last more than 2 days without drinking for over a month.And here I am too.

It takes guts to come back and front up-but you did.

We don't shoot our wounded and believe me you're not alone.

I didn't think I could face coming back here after relapsing either, but I'm so glad I did.No judgement here, just lots of encouragement and understanding.You couldn't be in a better place.

I'm on day 2 now(again, sigh).But it doesn't discount the sober time I had before.I've proved to myself I can do it, and I'll do it again.

I know you can do this too.

Good to see you again!

Julesxox
Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bring Laughter Wherever You Go

Hey GWP;
I am new here myself...........guess we're all new in a way.....in that we all wake up tomorrow with the opportunity for a new start. Glad to hear you've decided to make that new start a 'sober new start'...... I know your friends here are welcoming you back with open arms...no judgements, just support and kindness. I'll look for you again.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I consider myself a "tough guy".. but reading the posts today in my thread brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and non-judgemental approach to my post. You all are wonderful. All I can say is thank you.. again and again. Unbelievable that total strangers can provide this type of support to me. I guess your not strangers after all..
Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you guys too.!! forgot to give my shout outs .. Dee, Jules, Anna, Tanya, Parent, Rowan, Hope and anyone else I forgot.. going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things.. looking forward to it.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, we are SO not strangers here Guy!

We are all on this road together and we can share the journey.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

pieguy, welcome back!

many dont!

good wishes

rz

ps,
I was so confident that I was done.
the disease of alcoholism wasn't
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Gwp!!!

We joined the same month. I was so worried back then that it all happened too fast for you. I have also had a huge setback right after New Year's as have many others. All that matters is that you've found your way back to us and had the courage and class to tell the truth instead of pretending everything is fine! (It would be so easy.....) Love, Joanie
Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Take the past 100 days of sobriety
and use that as a base for your new beginning

Sobriety Rocks!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hey guy, we are all human. Its good to have you back.
What you should do is to take an inventory of the source of your falling. examine what drew you back into drinking and take the necessary action. Others have said it all. you can do it again!