Notices

closet smoker to closet recovery

Old 06-15-2003, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down closet smoker to closet recovery

Just feeling blue about my recovery....I am in a group and go to meetings but I wish I could talk w/my family about my problems but they would disown me and not understand. Esp. having a harder time financially since I have been off work. How long does MJ stay in your system anyway??? and is there some kind of test I can take at home to see if I am really clean yet....I cant believe I am in this mess!! :o

I am getting depressed as Heck. I have group tomorrow so that will help but these treatment sessions are so expensive and I have about 10 more to go to.....I am not made of money; dont they know that!!! oh sure, they said I could apply for aide by bringing in all my expenses. Like, I want them to know ALL of my business!!!

The boyfriend has given me some kind of flu and I feel terrible and I am sure that it isn't helping my depression I am falling into w/ all these other things (bills) piling up. I cant talk to him about it b/c he is still spending of drugs...what and A$$!!!

I hope the light is ON at the end of this tunnel b/c I cant see it.

I have been working my 12 steps and the insight of myself hasnt been easy to face. I havnt put myself first in such a long time I feel so depressed about it......but I am trying. Just having a bad day and wish the people I love the most could support me--at least $$ wise until I get it together again. Pray the Lord takes care of the $$$ until I am able to help myself; its all I can do.

Dont misunderstand my problem; I am in recovery b/c I flat got tired of the financial rollercoaster I was on since I bought drugs for myself; but now I am NOT High and have to face it sober...not fun! and I thought the money I would save would help w/the session expenses; not really happenin' that way yet. It was easier to get stoned and forget about bills and just kinda let it go......................just let it go................

Lucky
Old 06-16-2003, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome to our family at SoberRecovery where you will find plenty of support from those who have been through and experienced the same or similar situations. How do you know that your family would disown you if you confronted them about your drug problem? If they really did love you they wouldn't disown you, they might possibly try and help. If you let them know that you have a drug problem and that you are attending meetings, trying to get clean, I think they will be understanding. Are you REALLY ready to quit, for reasons other than financial ones? Or is it just because the money situation? Unless you are quitting for yourself it is really hard to follow through. Marijuana can stay in your system for a large range of time. Anywhere from just a week up to a couple months depending on how often and how much you smoked, your body fat and weight, age, and stress. Keep going to the program and go to as many NA meetings as possible, and REALLY get into them. Work the program and get involved with those who are sober, not the users. Keep coming back, it works if you work it...
Old 06-16-2003, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exclamation its all about me and my recovery

I am in the program to quit using drugs. (it doesnt matter which specific reasons a person uses to start recovery; $$ was just one of many; and its the one now kicking my A$$)
I am trying to use the steps and the support I get from others in meetings and for now they will do just fine. I was just having "one of those days"....as far as my family supporting me--CASE CLOSED! I dont want to talk about them anymore as far as recovery goes. ...I am sure they would support me if I really needed them to know then I would tell them. But the fact is; I dont. I got into this and I can get out of it w/support from group, a few close friends and this place....Just had a bad day being sick and in the dumps.

Really I am just being a big BABY; and wish it would all go away....
But I am working it because I believe it works; and it will work for me too.

sorry for the hostile posting...I will try and tap into my emotions; maybe the next time I will be in better spirits.
thanks for reading....

Lucky
Old 06-16-2003, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep doing what you are doing! You are sober and that is all that really matters. It may take some time but eventually the emotions will start to even out.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's perfectly fine to vent here when you need to get it out.We all have rough days.I'm glad you are getting to meetings.Doing that and coming here really will help.Pernell has posted a step guide on the NA forum...it's some good reading.

I can tell you that time will bring a lot of healing and relief for the way you feel now.It's going to get better and better

phoenix
Old 06-23-2003, 01:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile things got better....for now

I didnt realize I was gonna go thru such mood swings....guess the pot kept me low key and my emotions at bay. And ya know what? after I got a few things out of my system I felt better; I had a few immediate changes to make in my life and I was fighting them for days before I posted this first thread....

Feeling better now and I guess I am honestly not thinking about smoking as I did before. I am really getting the best tan I have had in years and making new friendships w/people in my neighborhood; and meetings....maybe even here huh?

Thanks for reading.....I am still working the steps and praying that God helps me and my family deal w/my recovery....

Lucky
Old 07-13-2003, 10:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

MJ in your system?

really depends how much you were smoking.

May be a month or two, if you were a chronic chronic user like me, it may be 4-6 months.

It can store in the fat cells, and spike out later.

I was told by the famous Dr. Drew, no wonder I never had any MJ withdrawals, I was smoking so da*m much, it just tapered out of my system.................lucky me! !

Tom
Old 07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hang in there. you can do this. i understand about the $$$ problems, i though the same thing as soon as i stopped getting high i should have money to pay the bills right,,, WRONG!!!

we forget about all the unpaid bills that we created while we were getting high, and just having someone to help us out financially, i feel is a big NO NO, It's just another thing to become dependent on. think about it for a minute!!!

Bernadette
Old 07-29-2003, 09:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Lucky!

Can you see the difference today in yourself from this post mid July?

I sure can! ! Very cool, keep coming back.............Tom
Old 07-29-2003, 09:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Lucky!

Can you see the difference today in your attitude and in yourself from your post in mid June? That's just weeks ago!

I sure can! ! Very cool, Keep coming back.............Tom
Old 07-29-2003, 11:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tom Phd,

Its amazing what a little sobriety can do for a gal, huh?

LOL....but its not all Bubblegum and Rainbows.

Lucky
Old 07-31-2003, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lucky:
you really have come a long way since mid july, just keep up the good work and you will be fine

Bernadete
Old 08-04-2003, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Is pot withdrawal different for all people? I know some that don't feel a thing and sleep fine immediately. As for me, I'm moody irritable, tired, restless, and am craving pot so damn bad right now.

Is recovering from pot, mentally and physically, and individual thing? I'm guessing it is, and if so, my big question...when will I feel like my old self again?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jinx,
welcome!!!

I am sure there are better people here to answer this question for you; but from one smoker to another....I am finding that the process is as diff. as fingerprints. But the choice you have made to quit says alot about you.....you can do it!!! I never thought I could get it out of my head either....here's whats worked for me so far...........

I have not smoked since late early June and haven't had any physical WD and if I have been moody; well, I am "woman"...lol

It's still hard to sleep sometimes; but I thought it was because I worked 3rd shift and I am in the process of swithing to 1st shift.
I dont have bad dreams or anything, and exercise has helped w/the restlessness and fills up an hour or so in the day. Reading about recovery and working on the 12 steps took my mind off of thinking about pot....sitting around bored and thinking about mj never worked. I need to keep xtra busy some days even now.

I started out thinking that NA meetings were for the "other drug addicts" but I am finding it more useful everytime I go to a meeting. Funny thing about it is I found one group and we're all recovering from mj. I always leave a better person.

You are in a good place here at SR....there are lots of good people here.

Lucky

Last edited by Luckydog; 08-04-2003 at 08:29 PM.