PLEASE - need help working Steps

Old 01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

PLEASE - need help working Steps

I need help. I have been around for "a while" but I need to start Working the Steps -- make that NEED TO.
I am very very isolated during the winter, I don't drive --- I am in the midst of a MAJOR depression and extreme anxiety and F2F meetings are just out of the question for right now - til Spring ---

My AH and I were separated for 3 yrs and are in the process of getting back together - (we were together 12 yrs before that)

Is there anyone willing to help me work the Steps??
Old 01-21-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Blue-

sounds like a very desperate situation....It doesnt sound like step work will relieve you of what sounds like debilitating depression. I am ALL for 12 step work, to be sure, but if you cannot get to meetings, and are suffering from a medical condition, which depression is, it might just be like throwing a thimble of water on a house fire.

My experience is without attending meetings, the step work wont "register" well.
Have youever gone to meetings? If so, call some of the folks, and tell them you need help to bring a meeting to you for now. Ive done it, and they will help you, if youask.

I will be happy to give you some step assignments to start off, but youd have to promise to take the above action to help yourself. What do you say?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

It IS a desperate situation. I am dying.
I am under a doctor's care for my depression/anxiety, I am on medications (I am bipolar), I see my therapist 2x a week. I'm missing something and I know that it's contact with people and the 12 Steps. I used to attend f2f meetings but I am UNABLE to do that at this time. I feel doing SOMETHING online is better than not doing anything at all. This IS me taking action.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you are unable to leave your home, you could attend Al-anon meetings on line. I don't know much about this site, but here is a link for you: Al-Anon Chat Meetings -- Online Al-Anon Family Groups Chat Meetings
Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im glad to hear you see a therapist...good action! and meds too. As I said, I will be willing to email you step work, just send me a pm.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

just a quick hello and welcome - i just wanted to share what someone said at a meeting last week - i find it profound:

step 1 - i can't
step 2 - he can
step 3 - i think i'll let him

words to live by, i think, step four is when the real work begins - they have tons of good books and things you can print off your computer to help you with your step work - worth a try...

:ghug3good luck,
s