ethical question

Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ethical question

i am struggling with something here...need your opinions.

i came across a popular website in which a friend of mine's exgf has a website on which she has posted some sleezy pictures of herself and also pictures of his daughter (the pictures of his daughter are innocent and clean).

so i am struggling because i have this information and i know he probably would not be happy about his daughters pictures being posted on the net and he would not want them there.

do you think you would tell him or not get involved and just leave it alone??? is it my place to do so? is this just codie behavior on my part or do you think i am obligated to tell him?

Last edited by hopeangel; 01-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As a parent, I would appreciate knowing if someone was posting picures of my child without my permission.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with Barbara. My 13 y/o son posts pictures on his site, which prompted me to look at his friends' sites. Sure enough, there were pictures of my son and other kids posted as "jokes" to each other; shots that were posed as fake to seem real. I contacted one friend's mother after finding one of my son posed over a table with a straw and some sugar/salt in long lines i.e. like cocaine,etc. Very funny, indeed. He was grounded for a long time, as was the child who posted it.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As a parent - I would want to know.. yes you should tell
the internet is scary thing especially when it comes to kids.. opens far too many doors

shakarris
Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quick Quick Quick!!!!! Pick up the phone and let them know! You can even make it all sound innocent-like if you don't want to get in the middle: "I saw those cute pictures of your daughter on so-and-so's website - my goodness how she has grown!!" Drop an email, whatever!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

If i know what website your referring to, i too would want to know and not have my children up there even if they were innocent pictures. Friends of mine have put up family photos and stuff, i personally don't agree. Not appropriate to be on the internet in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

as the mother of a 12 year old boy, I would appreciate if any friend of mine would let me know that this was taking place, so that I could put an end to it...i don't care if it seems codie or not when it comes to protecting my child.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with what everyone else has said about his daughters pictures, but I'd leave him to find the ones of his xgf by himself.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i think you are all right. the thing i question is my motives, because yes, i was snooping. if i wasn't snooping i wouldn't have found them. i'm really scared to get involved in the situation. i really don't want to get in the middle of their issues.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is often the price for snooping, finding out something and not being sure how to deal with it.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't understand how finding photos on the Internet, which were posted for public consumption, is "snooping." Why would you need to get in the middle of anything?

If you are scared to get in the middle of something, then your question is a moot point. hope, we cannot make up your mind for you or make your decisions - you alone have to do that.

Fear aside, if you have a sincere concern about another person's pics being on the 'net and feel compelled to let a parent know, then by all means do so. If you found something and your fear of getting involved outweighs saying anything, then remain silent.

It is, ultimately, up to you.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by QueenOfCyprus View Post
You can even make it all sound innocent-like if you don't want to get in the middle: "I saw those cute pictures of your daughter on so-and-so's website - my goodness how she has grown!!" Drop an email, whatever!
I think that's a perfect way to handle it. But let him draw his own conclusions.

If I were a parent, I would want to know. Too many kooks out there!!