Notices

Rehi everyone

Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehi everyone

It has been awhile since I have posted,,been awhile since i have even been here,,. Anyway I did the sober, relapse, sober relapse thing for awhile. Never sober for long so I cant say that it counted.
Im a wino, love the stuff, hide it all over the place, buy it, poor it into plastic water bottles, ditch the bottle. Drink and drive,,,yup. Drink while driving, yup.
It used to just annoy me when I realized that I didnt have anymore hid around the house, now I am almost into a panic. and the panic is my wake up call. we are having a post holiday get together this weekend and I found myself saying "gosh, I need to buy more, to get through the weekend" that was last week, I was planning 2 weeks ahead,,,,I also realized that the 1.5 liter bottle that used to last most of the week, now only last maybe 2 days.
I have to stop, I want to stop.
This site has changed so much, I have read many post's and I thank all of you for being so brave to put your fears and hopes out on the internet for all to see and myself to draw strength from. I like the blog area, I can see myself using that alot to vent. So I will apologize for all of my future babbling and rambling.
Okay,,its day 1 (again) for me, I know I can do this,, I have to do this, most of all I WANT to do this!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back. What is your plan to stay sober?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back - I'm glad you're making a decision to move forward with your sobriety. Recovery IS possible.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heeey, welcome back!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Tryntolive. I'm just getting back to the board myself. This community is great.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is my first day to start too......scary huh......not sure i can pull it off either...mine is not liquor though, but last time i quit i turned to liquor...badly...so im scared crapless.....but all we can do is take it one minute at a time.....and well those minutes go by so slow, but what can you do but just keep trying?
Old 01-01-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Welcome to tryntolive and to Daisygirl! I have found tons of help in this forum. Keep on logging on, sharing as we support one another! you can do this one day at a time. Blessings, Sheila
Old 01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey u, (CurliQ) how are you feeling 2nite? Stay strong, life's a fight!

LB-
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Welcome back, and welcome others .. to SR!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why not check with your doctor before quitting abruptly?
Be safe and sober too!

tryntolive....good to see you again
Old 01-02-2008, 02:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tryntolive, best wishes in your struggle.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know I wanted to quit for over the last 10 years of my 40 years of drinking...... but I had one MAJOR problem!!!!

That problem for me was I was unable to quit until I was willing to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped, for the last 10 years I was only willing to try my way, no other way but my way.

Once I was willing to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped, I was able to stop and stay stopped! The way I stayed stopped was AA, you may find another way and that is just fine as long as you are willing to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped!

The question now is "Are you willing to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped?"

If the answer is yes then find a program and be willing to do anything they suggest, if you do that you will find success, if you follow all the suggestions of a program and are still drinking then be willing to try another program.

Recovery is possible once you are willing to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you're back.