HEs been home 3 days from residential and...

Old 12-25-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HEs been home 3 days from residential and...

...i let him go somehwere for two hours today and he comes home and runs up to his room and then later i went and searched his closet and found hidden whiskey in a jar AND a pot pipe and a toilet paper tube stuffed with scented dryer sheets. So much for a good Chrsitmas...I feel like I have a rock in my stomach and I do not feel like ruining the rest of the evening by confronting him or even telling my husband. I will wait til tomorrow and then get him a oneway ticket back to residential. I am sooooo disappointed. Help me please. He is almost 17. Been in treatment since August. Was supposed to get done end of January. I am sooo disappointed
Old 12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is the significance of dryer sheets? Is this something that people inhale?

Are you sure this is all new stuff? Is there a possibility it has been in the room while he has been away?
Old 12-25-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

its a disease. no cure. no guarantees. He is young and just in early recovery/ dont expect ANYTHING, and you wont be disappointed.

Have you started alanon or naranon yet???
Old 12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry for you pain always, but especially at Christmas. Kids and addiciton is hell.
You are in my prayers,
susan
Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Part of the journey

While attending the family week of my son's rehab facility, we were told that the road of recovery isn't a straight line, that it is expected that the addict will use, stumble, fall, and get back on track. Recovery is a process, not a place leapt to during rehab. Did you ask your son about the items you found? Or where he went for two hours? I think that, at 17, you have every right to query him, in a loving way, about those things...
Take care of yourself. Nieuanima
Old 12-26-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((jennifer)))) i am so sorry he did this. you do the best you can for him. i want you to know this is not your fault. you did not CAUSE it, you can not CONTROL it & you can not CURE it. he is young but he is the only one that can get himself clean.if he is not ready nothing you do will make him stop. i have my 16yr old grandson here for the holiday & i know how trying it is. i set boundries before he came & i am inforcing them. if he sneaks out the window or runs i will call the cops. he has been in a locked faculity for 8 months until 10 days ago & then he was put in a group home. my son is also an addict & i will not walk that road with my grandson as much as i love them both.i will say a prayer for your family. remember this is not your fault. let him fall & maybe he can then realize that he needs to get clean. welcome to S.R. & keep coming back.