A Holiday Reality Check....I miss you

Old 12-24-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Red face A Holiday Reality Check....I miss you

After sitting here having myself a big ole pity party I checked in with a few friends and had a complete "AH HA" moment so I'm writing it down before I lose it and find myself all gloomy again.

I'm alone this holiday. The kids all have plans. I'll get to see them for a little bit tomorrow and I'm grateful for the time I'll have.

I also realized I'm where I'm at because of the choices I've made in my life. I could easily be back with my ex boyfriend right now if I wanted. I wouldn't have to be alone for Christmas but what a cost!!

How weak of me to give in and compromise myself and my beliefs just to have someone hold me. I'm stronger than that and I know it.

Sometimes our choices are made for us. Someone we love leaves us and weather it's a break up or untimely death we hurt and the holidays always seem to intensify that feeling.

As soon as they started showing those Christmas commercials I turned my tv off and it hasn't been on since. Watching all of those ads showing happy families sitting around a perfect table setting makes me want to vomit. You'll never see a commercial showing an empty table setting because daddy is off smoking rock in some run down crack house and has once again let his family down.

Almost every family has an obnoxious cousin and a drunk aunt or uncle who usually have everyone grinding their teeth by the end of the night.

There's always a bragger.....one who's life is so perfect compared to yours and they shove all the unwanted advice you would never ask for down your throat as if to say you're a complete loser but they can show you the way.

There's always a complainer........you know the one. You try to casually walk away from them but they follow you because you made the mistake of giving them 5 minutes of your time........5 minutes longer than you should have in the first place but you were just trying to be nice. LOL I'm beginning to think I'm one of the fortunate ones!!

For all my friends and others who are hurting this holiday season, don't let one day ruin everything you've struggled and worked so hard for. Don't let one day compromise who you are and what you believe in......your morals, your values. Learn to love and believe in yourself and enjoy your own company. When it all comes down to it, you and only you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. You'd better make the best of it. All said with love and big squishy hugs!!

Merry Christmas Everybody!!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read your post within seconds of posting my own.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Thank You.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, that was nice to read!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Squishy hugs to you too!!!! No turmoil this Christmas!!!

Have a quiet, restful day. You deserve it.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kris, This is the first Christmas in the last 4 that I have felt like celebrating. My husband and I actually bought gifts for each other and we wrapped presents for my fur babies. This morning Mousie (he is the one with the small head and the overbite) decided he did not want to wait and helped himself to one of his presents. Almost took my Christmas tree down with him. I am going to enjoy the holiday season even if my daughter is not partaking this year. I wish you a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time with your girls and your grandson. Never know what next year will bring. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

What a great post loves.
Ya know what I HATE? Those jewelry store advertizements. The ones where he gives her a big ole diamond and they live happily ever after!

Ok, I will stop being a grump.
I was all alone on thanksgiving day. I enjoyed every single peaceful moment. I learned how important it is for me to have this kind of alone time even if it lands on such an important holiday.

I appreciate your post in a lot of ways. I know you're going to have PEACE this Christmas Loves. I will too.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HA HA HA... RIGHT ON SISTA!!!!

Toooo right!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Loves)) Merry Christmas.

Three years ago, I refused to allow anyone to even say the word Christmas. No decorations, no tree, no presents. I agreed to have coffee with my sisters on Christmas morning but I told them that if even a hint of Christmas or a present appeared that I would leave. I was just over the whole thing and what it represented to me. I was hurt and angry at my HP. It was a day of a lot of questions for me, to myself. I want say that it ended up being a beautiful day for me, it didn't, but it did become a day that I started to heal. It was a day of endings for me, and a day of new beginnings. I want ever say that I regretted that day of being alone, I don't, I'm actually grateful for it now. I got back to what Christmas was really all about, I got back to my relationship with myself and my HP.

With that came peace.

Wishing you lots of love, peace and inner joy this holiday.

Love and Hugs
B
Old 12-24-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

We will be fine! I love you, girl!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We are alone this Christmas too but our daughter & her husband stopped by to shovel us out and our grandsons stayed overnight last night so it was just right...we got gifts too.

Have a Happy Merry Christmas Everyone and reflect on how far you have come and what you have been doing for yourself.

kelsh
Old 12-24-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are getting out of pity party mode . Don't give in .

(((((((((((((holidayhugs))))))))))))))))))
Old 12-24-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

OK.. here isthe plan.. come and spend it up here with me. I will be going to my family's and I have already managed to P*ss someone off.

And I am laughing about it.

Sooo.. pack Roxy in the car and point it NORTH. Eventually you will be here.

Then you can watch my family chuck Xmas presents at me because I am SOOOO happy this year it is SICK. Some of the gifts I gave them are heavy and have sharp edges so when they throw them at me I have to hope for bad aim.

It could get ugly.... but my GOSH is will be a laugh!

BTW a lesson is all this is if someone asks for your OPINION remember NOT TO GIVE IT HONESTLY!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On a tear

I think Loves is peeking in my windows again...

Gotta love those family members... or not! I choose to leave when I need to - no matter how long (or short!) the time frame. That goes for celebrations in my own home. T'hell with the fighting... folks want to fight, they can finish cooking themselves. I have a book in the car and a beautiful drive in any direction.

I'm good!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Elana View Post
OK.. here isthe plan.. come and spend it up here with me. I will be going to my family's and I have already managed to P*ss someone off.

And I am laughing about it.

Sooo.. pack Roxy in the car and point it NORTH. Eventually you will be here.

Then you can watch my family chuck Xmas presents at me because I am SOOOO happy this year it is SICK. Some of the gifts I gave them are heavy and have sharp edges so when they throw them at me I have to hope for bad aim.

It could get ugly.... but my GOSH is will be a laugh!

BTW a lesson is all this is if someone asks for your OPINION remember NOT TO GIVE IT HONESTLY!
Sounds to me like you need to come down here and spend Christmas with me! :rof
Old 12-24-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think todays commercials are SO obnoxious. The one that used to get me is the one who just could not think of a thing to click on to order a present so she bought him a car!
And of course the diamond ones.
As if diamonds prove your love. Give me a break.
Come on, be honest, how many of you thought for a second all the skeletons that are on those peoples closets? (I know, I know, they're not "real" people )
My family manages to choke down their disfunction for the day...it usually goes well.
But here's something funny...BOTH my exes will be over haha!
Yeah, they're the same ones who couldn't stick around home when they were married to me.
Must be my cooking!
You'll have a fine Christmas Loves, you are loved.
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Kris)))

Just sending you big hugs and prayers today (it's officially Christmas now) and to let you know that I was SO glad to see you post here....I've really missed you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Are there really any couples that buy each other Lexus's for Christmas?

Anyway, so glad to hear you are safe and well.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Merry Christmas, Loves, and may today bring you peace and love and time to appreciate how very far you have come.

We like to keep a quiet Christmas day at home and then go to my brother's Boxing Day for a fairly functional dinner with my nieces and nephews

I've learned that Christmas can be spent any way I want and it doesn't have to be a loud chaotic mess anymore. Sort of adds new meaning to "Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards Men".

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Hugs
Old 12-25-2007, 03:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ahh,the diamond commercials,my AH must have thought buying me them would make up for all the crap from last year.Every christmas I got a ring or a necklace,it's so sad he didn't need to give me these, all I ever wanted was a man who showed his love through actions not gifts. He did the same with the kids buying them gifts they didn't need. Now this year there is nothing from him because he is no longer here. Merry Christmas to all..................
Old 12-25-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Kris.