I made another step....

Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made another step....

Well, last night I got a text from my AD it was nasty!!! I was told that she hopes I rot in hell... I am a g*#@$%^ b****h and I would never see or hear from her again but I have heard that before!! I just feel numb!!! I also called a man with narcotics office and told him she was cooking, selling and using again. I just think she would be better off in jail than the road she is traveling. I don't think she knows the dangers of dealing with the people she is with so I just done it and I hope I did the right thing and quite honestly, I am kinda scared of her and the threats that she made yesterday, I have caused a lot of trouble with the sheriffs dept in the past and the woman that went to jail last week, I turned her in 2 years ago and now she went again but I did not turn her in this time but they all think I did so all I can do is just be careful. Please tell me I did the right thing!! Lauren is in deeper this time than before and I am scared for her!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

we all do what we have to do for ourselves and our addicts, the worst thing you can do is second guess yourself.
I do think you should be careful and aware of your surroundings, but I tip my hat to you for stepping up to the plate and turning dealers in.

good luck and be safe
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Well, obsessed, you are not alone. I just got off the phone with my AS and he called me a Sl*t, bi**h, who**, and a shi**y mom, and I neglect him, I dont care about him, that he knows how girls are and that is all I am and that he hates all girls including me and he hates himself also. He doesnt have a car and I dont care that he has been stuck in the house for a month and its my fault for EVERYTHING. He threatens to keep calling my work so that he can embarrass me and I work in a small place where when he is yelling at the top of his lungs, everyone can hear. It is so embarrassing and sad. No one can relate to what is going on but you guys. I try to whisper and he takes that as a sign of weakness and continues to cuss me out so I finally had enough and went off on him and said I am coming down there to go off on him and if he called me again or raised hell when I get there, I was calling the police. Then he saids ok mom, I love you. He is so mental and I just cant handle this. I just want to move out of state but know I cant. Life sucks for me right now too. What did we do to deserve this from our own children. There is not a feeling in the world that can explain how we feel with our own flesh and blood treat us so bad.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We all do what we are able to at the time. I reported my daughter to the drug people, pawn shop, anyone who would listen. They didn't/couldn't do anything! But, as times went on, she dug her own hole very deep!!

I was afraid of my daughter and the druggies she was with--criminals! It is hell to live in fear of anyone, mostly your own child. But she is capable, while under the influence, of anything. Take precautions, be careful. I'd say at this point, avoid her at all cost. No calls, no answers to her threats or pleading. Let her go and pray without ceasing. Drugs are in control, not her or you!

susan:codiepolice
Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just be careful with meth people. Meth makes people extremely paranoid. Take care of yourself. I have always found in the past that when I tried to force a consequence on my daughter, that it never worked the way I wanted it to. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please be careful. You did what you felt you had to do. No one knows what is best for you but you. We love our child no matter what but that does not mean we have to like who they have become. It is the addiction speaking not your child. Drugs change people and make them do and say things that they normally wouldn't.
Hugs coming your way
Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

I live in a very quiet neighborhood and only one family has young children. We did have a neighbor across the street from us that had two teenagers...the oldest one did go into the military and she has done well.

Her brother is a different story...he sold drugs...got them from a Mexican Gang and if he was short money...he was confronted by four of these mean, scary gang members. This kid even sold to middle school kids and some would come to his house in their soft ball uniforms on their way to play a game. Often this kid would go to school at noon and bring home a car load of students to sell drugs to...in a convertible no less...so we could see who was coming home with him.

We did report him to the Narcotics Program that arrested drug users, dealers, meth lab people, etc. Someone from the government came to talk with him and his Mom and after he graduated from highschool they sold their house and moved away.

This kid was a good student, polite, and all around a good guy until he got tangled up with the drugs...it was scary to have those people coming to his house to get their money.

We live in a small rural community and it seems the cops are always looking the other way even when they know where the drug dealers live...also the drug suppliers...they are still locked into finding the pot growers and not doing much with the meth cookers or suppliers, which is out of control in our area.

It is scary to think about the drug users and dealers and how easy they get caught up in the middle of this and can't find their way out.

kelsh
Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((obsessed)))
Please be safe. Thinking back, I remember when my youngest son was using and hallucinating, and full of paranoia...there's no telling what they can do, so please be safe.

As for the phone call with the nasty language, and disrespect, that's not your daughter talking, that's the drugs. Your daughter is in there somewhere, you just can't reach her right now.

Hugs,
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

My roommate that I kicked out text's me from time to time, it's my fault that he's a meth addict (even though he's the one who first brought it home) I ruined his life, he calls me names like that, and says the meanest things, the first few times I was so shocked to hear him say them, it really upset me, things about me laying in a gutter being raped, he'd just spit on me, etc.
That was an ex best friend who I talked to daily for over 8 years.
The meth takes over the brain. I'm lucky I didn't let it get me like that.

I know you got your key back, but I would also change your locks, get a deadbolt, and a German Shepard.
Your doing good Obsessed. :ghug3
Please be careful and watch over yourself.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Obsessed, I really believe you did the right thing, and the hard thing. Its brave courageous love I say. I have wished many times that I would have let my AD go to jail for shoplifting at one point. It might have made some difference, who knows...If I had known then what I know now I would have. The abuse was such a heatbreak for me too even though I knew it was the disease talking. I was so hurt for years by her abuse and the loss of her that I almost went mad with it, before I finally realized how seriouly codie I was. Please be careful and take care of you.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((Obsessed))))
Sometimes we have to do hurtful things to save our children. What you are doing is hurting you more than it is hurting her right now. She is not the daughter that you raised and loved. She is an addict and she is not capable of being anything else right now. I know the verbal abuse hurts like hell....I know because I've been there. I used to keep telling myself that is not the child I gave birth to but I know she is capable of love and respect it is what I taught her. She is a lost girl but deep down inside her values that she was taught are in there. One day when she is clean from the drugs the good that she knows will be brought to the surface once again.

She doesn't even know who she is at this point. And you know what Obsessed, she hates herself right now more than anyone. I know you wish that you could pick her up and hold her in your arms and love it away, but sweetie, you can't. She has all of the good things in her that she was taught and if she can just get clean for a while to find what she is really made of she will like herself once again.

Whatever it takes to get her to clean up her act is one of the most loving things you can do for her. If it means having her arrested, jail, etc.

But, do not take her in and let her continue to walk all over you and keep you in danger with the company she is keeping. I have also lived in fear of the people that have walked through my door. No more, even though my daughter is clean I still do not allow people in my home that I do not know.
If it is an old friend of hers that I know and like then its okay. Other than that it is just a flat out NO. My daughter's addiction has taught me not to trust anyone. Sad but true. Maybe one day I'll feel different but I can't right now.

You have to protect yourself from her and everyone that she is in contact with. Take this serious. I used to have visions of someone coming into my room at night and killing me. How awful to have to live this way. Right now do not trust anyone, and not even her.

Prayers for protection............Lo