Notices

I Took A Sleeping Pill: Worried

Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Took A Sleeping Pill: Worried

Well I have a hard time sleeping , and the sleeping pills help..Its just that I always took pills when I drank..I haven't drank tonight but its like I need one or the other..Is it ok that I took one, its just one..But it relaxs me sooo much..Maybe I'm a pill addict too , I dunno..God.
What do you guys think?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are taking medication as prescribed, you only took one, and you're not drinking, why don't you let it work and try going to sleep?

I got hooked on sleeping pills - this was in sobriety. Be careful - and please, speak with your doctor and be honest about your alcohol and drug intake (including the sleeping pills).
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good advice, Ro. Can't add to that. J
Old 12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, Rowan is absolutely right.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks , I think they maybe easy to get hooked on too..Why why do I have to be an addict..I smoke too :o
I only took one and I find I need it..More so for the relaxation..I miss drinking but I won't give into that..I love the sober me..Just gave up drinking and men haha so the time is long.. Being sober from alcohol is fantastic..I love every night that I go to sleep knowing that I didnt use the booze to make my life an embarrassing blur that I cant remember..
I really love this site so much..THe support here is like no other..When I'm confused and have a question, someone takes the time to answer..What I would love like no other is to be hugged..Really hugged by someone who just cares..No motives..But I'm such a weirdo..As much as I want one, affection makes me uncomfortable too..
Does that make sense?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How about a warm bubble bath to relax?
Then lie down and rest.

and no more pills please
Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was given ativan and sleeping pills when I first quit drinking. I also was given a small amount of antidepressant that didn't help at all.

I finally got angry at payless about the sleeping pills and the ativan and was told my depression would get better if I would be able to sleep.

I then went to my doctor's office and exploded at him and told him that I was not going to any hospital either...well guess what...I was in a psyc-hospital the next day...also they took the ativan and sleeping pills away and gave me a theraputic dose of antidepressant.

This was the beginning of working through my depression and issues surrounding the triggers. It just didn't make sense to me to be on tranquilizers and sleeping pills when I was trying to get and stay sober and wanted help with my depression.

It was all backwards and I did get the very much help I needed in the psyc-hospital.

kelsh
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think...if you're taking it as prescribed...to sleep...cool
if you're taking it more to relax...or because it was gonna be 'one or the other' today, warning bells would sound with me, capergirl...

not saying you're in trouble...but that sounds lot like my addictive behaviour...it's good to recognise these things and nip them in the bud you know ?

have a good sleep
D