If she is looking for attention....

Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If she is looking for attention....

Well, I have always sat at work and read the local newspaper not actually looking for my daughter's name to appear but just as something to do. Well, this morning i got online to read the paper and there is a story about a home robbery that caught my attention. In short, my daughter had entered a house that belonged to two men. These two men had paid her for sex acts and when finished her boyfriend busted through the door and demanded additional money because he said my daughter was "his girl". He stayed in this home for about 90 minutes (reported by the newspaper) trying to get these two men to give him more money. When they finally did, my daughters bf, his friend and my daughter went around their house taking items, DVDs, CDs, Microwave..anything that could be carried.

Her boyfriend was picked up by the police yesterday and they interviewed my daughter who admitted to prostitution. She didn't get arrested and I am now waiting on the phone call saying..Mom, i am ready to get clean. If some of you remember...she had told me that they had a bed in a rehab center open the week of Thanksgiving..that she was going to take....She didn't. She didn't because her bf came back into the picture. Anyhow, this article is pretty interesting because ..they didn't put my daughters name in print, but ...I know that it is her. This all happened during the week that she called me telling me she wanted to come home. Anyhow...if it allows me to post the link to the article...you will see it below.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/con....html?nav=5006

I am back at square one with her and as far as i am concerned, i am way past done!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I pray this is her bottom, and for you to keep the strength and love you have shown over and over.
I''m sorry you are hurting again,
love
susan
:praying

P.S. I read the article, maybe him being away will give her the extra kick in the seat to do something for herself. Sometimes when the supplier is away, they get a little of their brains back in gear!

Last edited by caileesnana; 11-27-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: another thought
Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Trisha))))
I can't imagine how hard that must have been to read. I used to cringe when anything even vaguely resembled my son, my area, a drug bust.

I do hope she's close to her bottom.

(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

(((Trisha)))

I'm so sorry you had to read that, and I'm sorry your daughter is doing this, I pray this is her bottom.

DWI
Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

More hugs and prayers for both of you Trisha, I know this must be so painful. I pray she will want recovery soon.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrishaV View Post
Needless to say, I am a mess. I have been called a B**ch, worthless mother, selfish, selfcentered....on and on....Isn't it funny how all these people can tell me that I have to bring her home but not one of them are willing to bring her into their homes?

This has just been a rotten day and I would like to just crawl under the covers and never wake up!!

Sorry..just needed to vent...yet again!
Hi TrishaV:

Wow! What can I say? We all make our beds in this life and then we have to lie down in them. She has made a bed of thorns for herself, hasn't she? You are going to weather this storm. Hang in there.

Peace.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hi TrishaV
I remember when both of my son's faces were on the evening news. They got arrested for autobreaking. It was so humilliating.
But, that was almost 3 years ago. Today the oldest is cleaned up his act.
The youngest is still in jail.
IT's heartbreaking. I had to tell them both that mom is no longer going to help them in any way. Its time to grow up and be accountable.
I have a little peace now. No chaos in my home.
Things will get better for you too.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trisha,
I am so sorry for all of the pain that your daughter is putting you through. If she only realized what it is like to be a mom and be on your side of the fence. Someday maybe it will all become real to her.

You are included in many of the strongest moms on here. I have admiration for so many for all that they endure and just keep on going.

I went to my prayer group tonight and I prayed for all of our SR kids and moms and dads. God will give us the strength that we need to carry on.

Don't give up hope. Hope will keep you going. If she does end up in jail at least she will be warm and fed. Things may lead her there. Did you ask them to let you know if she does get arrested?

Blessings on you and your daughter.........Lo
Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Trisha,
I feel so bad and I can't even imagine what you must be going through. My prayers and thoughts go out to you. I know it is hard to hear especially when it is your child but her problems are just that her problems it took me a long time to realize that. You can guide and advise, but ultimately she will make her own decisions. Unfortunately, you get to be the clean up crew. I am a firm believer of telling your kids how much you love them, it is up to them to accept and return this feeling. I hope things work out for you and your daughter.
God bless