reason, perhaps?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reason, perhaps?

Hey all. Having a much better day. I think that a lot of my freaking out was, um, hormone related, which is a relief. I always regress a little, emotionally speaking, around this time. :mock

I just got back from a long walk in the woods. You know, I've been debating (obviously) what exactly I should be doing. (And yes, yes, do things for ME. But that stuff I have a little more sorted out.) I do want to stay in touch with my ex through letters. And plan on it. And I think that these letters are just going to include thoughts on my recovery, and what I am learning about myself. And yes, I am going to mention Alanon. A lot. Frankly, it's part of me. Additionally, I do want to introduce it to the communication. (And, as a reminder, I have changed my phone number and moved across the country. My thought is cutting off these forms of communication will prevent abuse from him. If I'm wrong, I'll drop the written communication as well.)

Of course, there is the secret agenda of silly dreams, that hopes he is inspired by this, that he becomes more open to 12 step programs as a result. Maybe he isn't ready for AA, but actually I think alanon would be good for him as well-- he has certainly suffered from others' drinking, no doubt about that.

Anyway, that is my compromise. It allows me to remain true to myself, not lecture, and the silly dream part should be ok, as long as I recognize it is just a fantasy, and keep it from becoming anything more.

I think I am approaching reasonable?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by good_luck View Post
I think I am approaching reasonable?
I knew I was on the right track when I didn't ask the question but stated the fact, I am approaching reasonable.

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan, good_luck. I'm sure you'll revisit it along the way, making sure that it is still serving you?

Hugs,
GL
Old 11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im glad your having a much better day