Unexplained Peacefulness??

Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

Unexplained Peacefulness??

It's been two years since my ex-AH and I split up....First year = EXTREMELY PAINFUL.....Second year = Not so bad anymore.....and then there's now....tonight....this past week. I have really been working on my relationship with my Higher Power and not focusing so much on "what could've been" and I am experiencing an unexplained peacefulness and contentment like I haven't experienced in 20 years. I soooo bad want this feeling to last. I will keep doing everything I've been doing for the past couple of weeks. Great things have been happening in my life financially and with a wonderful new job and maybe its that, but it doesn't seem like its only that. I'm home alone tonight on a Friday when normally, I would be aching inside to get outta the house and go do something and be around people, hoping a little to meet that "special someone", as I haven't really dated anyone in two years, but tonight I'm okay with just being with me. It just feels great! It's been a long time coming.....
Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know that my relationship with God brings me great inner peace. It good to read you feel this also. {hugs}
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by bluebayou View Post
I have really been working on my relationship with my Higher Power and not focusing so much on "what could've been" and I am experiencing an unexplained peacefulness and contentment like I haven't experienced in 20 years.

Originally Posted by bluebayou View Post
...tonight I'm okay with just being with me. It just feels great!
I agree! Both of those ARE great feelings!! Good for you bluebayou!!!

It's wonderful when we begin to reap the benefits of all the hard work and changes we've made in our lives, isn't it?

I have to admit that 'sometimes' I feel so good I don't know what to do with it all as evidenced by my dancing at the WaWa counter while making a purchase not too long ago. I still get a chuckle out of it when I think about it.

Great post bluebayou!