Crazy Cat on Columbus Day!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

Crazy Cat on Columbus Day!

Okay, so it's Columbus Day, a day off from school for us school teachers. I spent the morning trying to figure out what's wrong with my computer, running the modem in, going to Wally world for a new router, going back for another router that is wireless and finally I have connection! I was starting to get irritated until I was listening to a book on tape by Marianne Pearl, wife of the murdered Daniel Pearl, and she said something about how we try to pull the curtain on poverty. That little line put my insiginificant problems in perspective.
Anyway, i was grading papers, my cat in my lap, purring and letting me pet him, when all of the sudden, the Cat grabs onto my arm with a big clamp of his teeth! I lifted my arm up, screaming all the while, and the cat is still hanging on, biting as hard as he can! Finally he let go, and i chased him under the table, beaming him with my shoe a couple of times. This is not the first time he has done this, but this time he was clinging on to my arm for dear life. Whew! I think I would have been better off at school today!LOL! Anyway, just something stupid that happened today. Anybody else have stupid bizarre stories that have happened to you? It could be fun to share!
krhea
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My cat will do that if he thinks I am playing with him....dumb cat, lol.

He dove at my head once and I couldn't figure out why....until I noticed that my dangling earring was catching his eye. Now THAT gives you a start, when your normally friendly kitty takes a dive for your head.

Hugs
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Hey!
i am a teacher also but here in California, its not a state holiday, only federal! Dang ! i'm sorry it wasn't as relaxful as it should be!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cats are so funny. I mean it isn't funny when they bite you or head butt you, but they are funny.

My cat used to always sit outside my bedroom door and wait for me to get up. So one morning when I got up I had a bad cold and laryngitis. I opened the bedroom door and said, "Hi sweetie, how's my little Mellie cat." in my very raspy voice. All of a sudden kitty got all puffed up and started dancing sidways like the Halloween cat.
I laughed so hard (in my very raspy voice). The harder I laughed the puffier she got and just kept dancing that sideways dance. Obviously she didn't like the new voice that I had acquired overnight. What a way to start the day. ( :
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Another working teacher today...

I'm sorry you didn't get to relax! Hope tomorrow is better back with the kids!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
krhea75

Hey Lobo,
That must have been some voice coming out of your head! LOL!
krhea
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Krhea,

It was some voice....I sounded like I was possessed. LOL
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH that is so funny. I know the sideways dance that kitties do - it always cracks me up. I can't imagine what that voice was like, but it scared the cat! LOL

I have had the same strange thing with my cat biting me. She started it a few months ago. I 'll be petting her and she'll purr.. then if I stop she nips me rather hard. I don't LIKE it (duh) so I usually toss her to the floor.

(Do cats go thru menopause???)

With the cooler weather, I am getting some random bugs in the house. Some are quite small, but obviously one of the kits can see them. It's amusing to see them stalking and jumping and twitching when I can't even tell what they are after!

How can ANYONE not love Cats?

Love
Cats

hee hee
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cats,
Maybe they go through (menopaws) that's why they take a bite out of you once in a while. LOL
Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

With 4 cats and a Kitten I always have stories.. and with all the cats I have had... Oh dear.. I should just write a book. I have an 11 year old cat (my Avatar) who STILL dances sideways at me playing (and unties my shoes too).

I will say that except for Spike, my first cat, NONE of my cats have bitten me and hung on like you have described. I play with them and they bite but if I say "OW!" loudly they let loose and lick me where they have bitten (maybe they are hoping for blood because they are really Vampire Cats???). They ALL do it. It is part of my cat training routine actually to teach them when they are little not to bite hard.

Spike, my first cat was a Black and white Van (black only on her tail and head.. rest was white) and she was long hair. She liked to eat potatoe chips. If you went to get some out of a bowl and she was going to get one of her own she would rip your arm off with her claws.. and I have the scars to prove it.

No cat after Spike was rough like that. One ripping cat in your life is enough!

I did do painting and a wall paper border in the Living Rooom yesterday and Peanut walked into the room after her nap and stood on her hind legs like a Meerkat and looked the whole job over. She approved of the workmanship with a little Meow and went on her way....